PDA

View Full Version : The Adrian show is over

Leon
06-20-2013, 06:29 AM
The Adrian show is over. He is banned, threads locked, now back to cards...
Max says so and so be it!!

http://luckeycards.com/pe135weilbaking.jpg

ullmandds
06-20-2013, 06:37 AM
I'll drink to that...what a freak?!?!

Sean1125
06-20-2013, 06:43 AM
I just read those threads.... Jeez....

batsballsbases
06-20-2013, 06:46 AM
BYE BYE Can you say pencil whipped!:eek::eek:

christopher.herman
06-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Thank you, Leon.

autograf
06-20-2013, 06:48 AM
We knew he would eventually Dorskind-Chao-BringdaNoise himself..................

Leon
06-20-2013, 06:56 AM
We knew he would eventually Dorskind-Chao-BringdaNoise himself..................

It always happens doesn't it? They start off pissing a few members off, I try to see the good in them, they keep ranting and pissing more people off. Then all of the sudden (well, not really all of the sudden....) they go off the deep end. Then threads get locked, they get banned and we go back to talking cards until the next one. :eek:

http://luckeycards.com/pe100type2weaver2.jpg

Jay Wolt
06-20-2013, 06:58 AM
Glad we are back to cards instead of personal attacks

http://www.qualitycards.com/pictures/1251405001.jpg

h2oya311
06-20-2013, 07:02 AM
I'm not a big fan of censorship, but enough was enough!!

Mark
06-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks moderator, that was getting pretty immoderate.

Paul S
06-20-2013, 07:07 AM
Oh well, easy come not so easy go. What a rip!

gnaz01
06-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Honus Agrees, let's talk cards!!!

yanksfan09
06-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Thank you, Leon.

cyseymour
06-20-2013, 07:26 AM
Bravo. Like others said, enough was enough.

Big Six
06-20-2013, 07:29 AM
Will anyone ever post 1,000 time in less than three months??? Will we ever allow someone to try...

Me thinks, not...

Good riddance...

Bocabirdman
06-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Eventually, you stop feeling bad for the goldfish and just pull the handle.:eek:

Do we need to put an ad on Craig's list to fill his position?

oldcardboard
06-20-2013, 08:01 AM
Adrian needs to sit in the back and not raise his hand...EVER! The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound, that is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.

the 'stache
06-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Thank you, Leon.

brob28
06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Eventually, you stop feeling bad for the goldfish and just pull the handle.:eek:

Do we need to put an ad on Craig's list to fill his position?

Now that is a good one I'm going to have to start using!

Danny Smith
06-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Thank you so much.

Tao_Moko
06-20-2013, 08:29 AM
This forum has some very intelligent people and some very undisciplined people too. I would really question which one of those I am if I got caught up with Adrian to the degree of repeated slander. He was hard to take but how hard is it really to ignore him. There will be another fill his shoes and I'm hoping for a more disciplined forum when that occurs.

Lessons Learned:

1. Respect others on the forum
2. Reserve posts for when I have something worth saying
3. Stop responding to pot stirrers as soon as an issue is identified

I hope to see a main board full of the research and card images that are important to our hobby.

E

joeadcock
06-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Leon

Nice weather down in Florida now. Should check it out.
Tarpon Spring and Clearwater beaches are hopping.

T205 GB
06-20-2013, 08:38 AM
Adrian needs to sit in the back and not raise his hand...EVER! The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound, that is why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.

I just might borrow this for my tag line. Brilliant I say!!! Brilliant!!

vintagetoppsguy
06-20-2013, 08:46 AM
He was hard to take but how hard is it really to ignore him.

Agreed. I don't think I ever posted in any of his threads. I made it a point not to. If you ignore people like that (attention whores), they eventually go away.

That said, thank you, Leon, for booting him.

There sure has been a lot of drama on the board in the last several months from Andrew to Andrian and some in between, but this is still the greatest bb card chat board on the web.

VoodooChild
06-20-2013, 08:46 AM
Both Adrian and I introduced ourselves to the Board on the same day. This is my 13th post! I never responded to any of his posts, but they were amusing at first and killed alot of down time for me at work. It got old fast though and went over the top last night. Thanks Leon.

- Jason

oldcardboard
06-20-2013, 08:52 AM
I just might borrow this for my tag line. Brilliant I say!!! Brilliant!!

Andrew, go for it!:)

Edit: spelled Andy, no disrespect intended.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-20-2013, 08:59 AM
I have a lot of reading to do, now if only my damn coffee would brew quicker :)

barrysloate
06-20-2013, 09:01 AM
As I believe Jay M. said, Adrian should take a hike somewhere, get some fresh air, stay off the computer for awhile, maybe even put his baseball cards away for the time being. He can always get back to them. But the worst aspects of his OCD were rearing their ugly head here, and he needs to make a change.

KCRfan1
06-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Thanks Leon! :)

Back to cards.......

auggiedoggy
06-20-2013, 09:34 AM
And now for something completely different - baseball cards!

Ease
06-20-2013, 09:41 AM
As I believe Jay M. said, Adrian should take a hike somewhere, get some fresh air, stay off the computer for awhile, maybe even put his baseball cards away for the time being. He can always get back to them. But the worst aspects of his OCD were rearing their ugly head here, and he needs to make a change.

Big +1. We all knew he'd either burn out or calm down. Maybe now he can relax a bit and someday come back to card collecting in a better mind state.

Hankphenom
06-20-2013, 09:41 AM
But what really happened in Zone 91?

wolf441
06-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Both Adrian and I introduced ourselves to the Board on the same day. This is my 13th post! I never responded to any of his posts, but they were amusing at first and killed alot of down time for me at work. It got old fast though and went over the top last night. Thanks Leon.

- Jason

Great post, great card, great avatar! Now that's what the board should be about!!:D

DeanH3
06-20-2013, 10:11 AM
[QUOTE=Big Six;1148636]Will anyone ever post 1,000 time in less than three months??? Will we ever allow someone to try...

Maybe we need an official Net54 "Zone91" award akin to the Cy Young award. Like Cy's 511 wins, this one will stand the test of time.

"It's better to burn out, than fade away!"

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m52/DHack3/BB%20Cards/T206YoungPortSGC4_zps2507733e.jpg

bobbyw8469
06-20-2013, 10:30 AM
One thing I am thankful for on this board that seems to be lacking across the street is the absence of alts/trolls. Certain banned members over there just seem to create new ID's and they are off to the races again, just trying to cause trouble. That doesn't seem to happen over here (knock on wood).

t206blogcom
06-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Thank you Leon for being fair and giving him a shot, but an even bigger thank you for his removal. Enough was enough.

Looks like Zimmermann was 'sick' of it as well.

http://www.t206blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/t206-Zimmerman-Carolina-Brights.jpg

Paul S
06-20-2013, 10:45 AM
One thing I am thankful for on this board that seems to be lacking across the street is the absence of alts/trolls. Certain banned members over there just seem to create new ID's and they are off to the races again, just trying to cause trouble. That doesn't seem to happen over here (knock on wood).

Oh, it can happen over here. Not that often because they get weeded out rather quickly. Sometimes it's a vigilante. Ergo, always look both ways before crossing the street. Here's my Young port. Postem'/Smokem' if you gottem':

EvilKing00
06-20-2013, 10:53 AM
http://www.freeforum101.com/jointtaskforce2/images/smiles/ban.gif

http://www.freeforum101.com/jointtaskforce2/images/smiles/party53.gif

http://www.freeforum101.com/jointtaskforce2/images/smiles/th_Wave.gif

http://www.freeforum101.com/jointtaskforce2/images/smiles/REDancepianodance.gif

HOF Auto Rookies
06-20-2013, 10:54 AM
I am truly disgusted and disturbed after what I had read in the other thread about the best way to sell T206's. I think that there has to be more strict policies about being leniant giving 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th, and 5th chances. While I am glad he is gone, I hated seeing this forum going into an interesting tangent. And I feel unless something more is in place, I'm really concerned about we may be losing some valuable members who's knowledge here is priceless, like we did on the auto side (and losing Jim was aweful).

That being said, I do have to say, Bill, I admit the hell out of you. I don't know how managed to just brush that off with those asanine remarks, but you have earned so much respect from me (not that I didn't have respect for you before). And I'm sorry about all of what what said, completely out of line.

I hope your health is getting better, and glad you are still finding happiness in your life.

Cheers my friend,

Brent

Bocabirdman
06-20-2013, 11:02 AM
Who is this Adrian that everyone keeps talking about?:)

kmac32
06-20-2013, 11:10 AM
I never like Mulligans in golf, why would I like them here? LOL

Paul S
06-20-2013, 11:13 AM

I don't know. But Craig offered to take the deep six internet Net54 purge plunge with him until the end of July. Now that this He Who's Name We Dare Not Speak is gone, I hope that Craig will surface earlier.

jhs5120
06-20-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't get why everyone decided to pick on him. I found his posts more than pleasant.

Leon
06-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I am truly disgusted and disturbed after what I had read in the other thread about the best way to sell T206's. I think that there has to be more strict policies about being leniant giving 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th, and 5th chances. While I am glad he is gone, I hated seeing this forum going into an interesting tangent. And I feel unless something more is in place, I'm really concerned about we may be losing some valuable members who's knowledge here is priceless, like we did on the auto side (and losing Jim was aweful).

That being said, I do have to say, Bill, I admit the hell out of you. I don't know how managed to just brush that off with those asanine remarks, but you have earned so much respect from me (not that I didn't have respect for you before). And I'm sorry about all of what what said, completely out of line.

I hope your health is getting better, and glad you are still finding happiness in your life.

Cheers my friend,

Brent

Same mode of operation as always and it will continue to be that way. If anyone doesn't like it there is a door below. I don't like to see anyone at all leave. It sucks. That being said I always wish those that leave the very best. We have had 73 new member registrants this month so far. If we lost a few people, well, ya' can't make everyone happy. I am sure of that. I will continue to be overly lenient because I think banning anyone is a drastic thing and should be avoided if at all possible. I am sure there are as many opinions of how to run the board as there are members. I have always tried to be fair and look out for the welfare of the board. At the end of the day that is all I and the other mods can do. Many will agree and many will disagree. It's America :).

cubsfan-budman
06-20-2013, 11:52 AM
Same mode of operation as always and it will continue to be that way. If anyone doesn't like it there is a door below. I don't like to see anyone at all leave. It sucks. That being said I always wish those that leave the very best. We have had 73 new member registrants this month so far. If we lost a few people, well, ya' can't make everyone happy. I am sure of that. I will continue to be overly lenient because I think banning anyone is a drastic thing and should be avoided if at all possible. I am sure there are as many opinions of how to run the board as there are members. I have always tried to be fair and look out for the welfare of the board. At the end of the day that is all I and the other mods can do. Many will agree and many will disagree. It's America :).

looks like that door is for going in...

:)

Leon
06-20-2013, 11:56 AM
looks like that door is for going in...

:)

It definitely goes both ways. I really do hate to see anyone say they are leaving the forum but what am I supposed to do? Every time someone says that I should change the way I think? I would be crazier than ...(no I won't say it).

Buythatcard
06-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Hopefully this board can get back to what it was suppose to be in the first place.

I have seen too much bashing going on here and it gets old after awhile.

Why don't we just have a thread for people to bash each other? Leave all the other threads to people who want to talk about cards.

itjclarke
06-20-2013, 12:05 PM
I am truly disgusted and disturbed after what I had read in the other thread

I'm with you Brent, I was nearly livid after finishing last night's threads. That was some of the most hateful, distasteful, disgraceful, disgusting BS I've ever read.. at least for someone willing to permanently and publicly sign their name to it (too bad you couldn't edit quickly enough, eh Adrian?). This guy annoyed me, so I mostly just tried to ignore and not post in his threads. Those words last night could not be ignored. In my mind there is NO WAY he is a good guy who just has had some problems. Anyone who has it in them to say those things to another person is not a good guy... and further, anyone who broadcasts their misfortune(s) daily to justify crap behavior, or seek attention and sympathy from others, loses just about any empathy and/or sympathy I may have had otherwise.

Being bi-polar, OCD, depressed, or other is not excuse to do what you want, however and whenever you want... and this guy used his mental illness (whatever it was) as an excuse for everything. There are a handful of people in my life who in adulthood have been diagnosed as bi-polar, manic depressive, etc... even a very good friend, since passed away, who was diagnosed after college with schizophrenia, and not one of them brandished their problems daily in order to justify any crappy thing they ever did or said. They for the most part work(worked) to live day by day and keep plugging away at life in spite of their problems.

That said, here's some cards-

freakhappy
06-20-2013, 12:06 PM
I don't get why everyone decided to pick on him. I found his posts more than pleasant.

He sure was an exuberant fella...a lot of energy with a lot of baggage. Adrian sure had his problems, but I too, am confused why so many people decided to bring him down when there was no need to. I know he had his issues and people called him out on that...which they should have, but I believe some people could not let that go and decided to bring that attitude in every thread he started.

I think the Adrian experience revealed something ugly about some of the members here. That being said, Adrian let people get to him and in the end it got ugly...real ugly. Thanks for stepping in Leon and hopefully getting things back to normal around here.

Cardboard Junkie
06-20-2013, 12:07 PM
And now for something completely different - baseball cards!

Do I detect a faint wet sheet transfer on that Tenny?

auggiedoggy
06-20-2013, 12:12 PM
Do I detect a faint wet sheet transfer on that Tenny?

If I knew what a wet sheet transfer was I might be able to answer the question. Are you saying I was scammed buying this? :confused:

ullmandds
06-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Adrians using his mental excuse as an excuse for bad behavior really pissed me off. Additionally he lied...over and over.

Some of his topics stimulated dialogue...which was good...but in my opinion the negatives outweighed the positives.

MMarvelli
06-20-2013, 12:19 PM
Don't let the Doerr hit you on the way out...

EvilKing00
06-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Adrians using his mental excuse as an excuse for bad behavior really pissed me off. Additionally he lied...over and over.

Some of his topics stimulated dialogue...which was good...but in my opinion the negatives outweighed the positives.

Maybe I can blame some mental disorder for my bad spelling..........
http://www.freeforum101.com/jointtaskforce2/images/smiles/rofl.gif

Cardboard Junkie
06-20-2013, 12:31 PM
If I knew what a wet sheet transfer was I might be able to answer the question. Are you saying I was scammed buying this? :confused:

No not scammed....looks like a faint reversed image of Tennys hairline is on the back? Dave. Nice Card. (when sheets were stacked before 100% dry a faint image could be transferred)

Bocabirdman
06-20-2013, 12:43 PM

Wet Sheet Transfer - What happens when you too drunk to answer nature's call.:rolleyes:

timber63401
06-20-2013, 12:50 PM
I still cant believe he isnt 14.

auggiedoggy
06-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Wet Sheet Transfer - What happens when you too drunk to answer nature's call.:rolleyes:

Cardboard Junkie answered my question but I must admit, I thought it had more to do with your definition. ;)

Cardboard Junkie
06-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Cardboard Junkie answered my question but I must admit, I thought it had more to do with your definition. ;)

Oh well, Cards can be a masturbatory substitute......or so I've heard.:oDave.

g_vezina_c55
06-20-2013, 02:28 PM
Thanks

Bob Lemke
06-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks, Leon, you're a prince.

larrie804
06-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Thanks Leon!

mr2686
06-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow...he made some of our arguments on the autographs side look friendly! :eek:

jimivintage
06-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Wow...and it seems like just yesterday we were celebrating his 1000th post. Oh wait....we were. ;)

ullmandds
06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
You mean "he" was celebrating his 1000th post.

CW
06-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks. I did not mind him for the first 900 posts, but the last 100 became very tiresome, and not the type of stuff I come here to read.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/cw2112/cool-cardboard/8918/1909-11-t206-batting-wheat-flick-keeler-and-duffy

http://www.collectorfocus.com/images/show/cw2112/cool-cardboard/3904/1909-11-t206-nap-lajoie-trio

buymycards
06-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Well, I tried to be nice to him but he just didn't know when to shut up. I was going to make a pathetic joke about my Heiny but I just couldn't do it.:p

Sean
06-20-2013, 05:32 PM
Chuck, nice Lajoies. :)

Sorry I hijacked this post. Okay, lets go back to bashing Adrian. :D

richieb315
06-20-2013, 06:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VyzII09Hos

Good Riddance

deadballfreaK
06-20-2013, 06:53 PM
"Look, mister, there's... two kinds of dumb, uh... guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and, uh, guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don't matter, the second one you're kinda forced to deal with." - George in Hoosiers

HOF Auto Rookies
06-20-2013, 07:44 PM
Wow...he made some of our arguments on the autographs side look friendly! :eek:

Lol, truth

deebro041
06-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Hopefully this board can get back to what it was suppose to be in the first place.

I have seen too much bashing going on here and it gets old after awhile.

Why don't we just have a thread for people to bash each other? Leave all the other threads to people who want to talk about cards.

+1

CW
06-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Chuck, nice Lajoies. :)

Gracias, Sean! :)

Clark7781
06-20-2013, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76RrdwElnTU

the 'stache
06-20-2013, 11:22 PM

Cheers my friend,

Brent

Thank you, Brent.

I'm actually somewhat disappointed in myself, to be honest. I should have asked how to put him on ignore earlier. Instead, I let him get to me. I allowed myself to be lowered to his level, and for that, I profusely apologize to everybody, and Leon most of all. Once Adrian started in with the private messages, I just reached my boiling point. In the end, however, I'm glad that he demonstrated his true colors. He was hoisted on his own petard, and I think the forum is far better off without him here. And I will leave it at that.

As for my personal issues, that's not something I usually delve into. I realize we all have things we have to deal with in life, and my little bumps in the road are relatively minor by way of comparison. Just a few weeks ago, I remember that Jason's (jasond08) daughter was fighting for her life. That was serious, and after thinking about what I said last night...it made me feel pretty damned petty.

I've got a wonderful family, and some of the best friends a man could ever wish for. I have many God-given talents, and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge that keeps my mind sharp. So, all things considered, I'm a pretty lucky guy. I choose to focus on the positives. I choose to be happy. And I am looking forward to getting to know all of you with great enthusiasm.

tjb1952tjb
06-20-2013, 11:28 PM
'Bout time..............'nuff said.

cyseymour
06-20-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm actually somewhat disappointed in myself, to be honest. I should have asked how to put him on ignore earlier. Instead, I let him get to me. I allowed myself to be lowered to his level, and for that, I profusely apologize to everybody, and Leon most of all. Once Adrian started in with the private messages, I just reached my boiling point. In the end, however, I'm glad that he demonstrated his true colors. He was hoisted on his own petard, and I think the forum is far better off without him here. And I will leave it at that.

I don't think you ought to be disappointed in yourself. You did a good thing and stood up for yourself and everyone else on here. I am not trying to demonize Adrian, but as likable as he sometimes was, he was way out of line and really inappropriate far too often.

I also felt that he was very manipulative - often lying, or telling sob stories about his life after being caught in a lie, reneging on card deals, advertising his cards while posing as if he was searching for advice, etc. Plus, he was dominating the boards with his endless posts.

All in all, it was about time that he left, and maybe that isn't stooping to someone's level - you didn't retaliate to his insults or anything. But thanks for standing up for everyone on the board - it will be better for the entire community in the long run, and for Adrian, as well.

Eric72
06-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Just ten thirty five and his posting was done
The yelling had stopped although no one had won

He jousted with members, in two threads per day
While some of us wished that he’d just go away

He did try that once in post seven five one

He quickly returned on that very same day
And then, true to form, he had something to say

Intensified rants were his true tour-de-force
The yelling resumed and we all knew the source

He stepped up his game when attacking the board
While making an illness his own shield and sword

Our members revolted, their numbers did swell
The yelling got louder; we all know too well

Quite furious posts while exposing his soul
When making his point with the tact of a troll

Truly, I'm glad that new days have begun
The yelling has stopped and our forum has won

- Eric

P.S. Leon, thanks. You have the patience of Job. I truly appreciate everything you do for the hobby. In my opinion, your contributions go far beyond this board. And you do one hell of a job here, too, by the way. Just my opinion.

the 'stache
06-21-2013, 12:11 AM
I don't think you ought to be disappointed in yourself. You did a good thing and stood up for yourself and everyone else on here. I am not trying to demonize Adrian, but as likable as he sometimes was, he was way out of line and really inappropriate far too often.

I also felt that he was very manipulative - often lying, or telling sob stories about his life after being caught in a lie, reneging on card deals, advertising his cards while posing as if he was searching for advice, etc. Plus, he was dominating the boards with his endless posts.

All in all, it was about time that he left, and maybe that isn't stooping to someone's level - you didn't retaliate to his insults or anything. But thanks for standing up for everyone on the board - it will be better for the entire community in the long run, and for Adrian, as well.

I agree with everything you said, and, I thank you.

And Eric, nicely done. I echo your sentiment. /chapeau

Pythonfactory
06-21-2013, 12:15 AM
Love it Eric

itjclarke
06-21-2013, 12:22 AM
"Tact of a troll" has a great ring to it.

deadballfreaK
06-21-2013, 12:48 AM

He had some good whiny stories about his childhood, but I believe he was full of it. Mostly lies. Reminded me of Jon Lovitz.

Cardboard Junkie
06-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Epic, Eric, epic.:)

BigJJ
06-21-2013, 03:00 AM
Bill, my best.
did the absolute best you could given what was coming your way.
And you're one hundred percent right, rough times can and should make you more empathetic, and more thankful.
Babe Ruth had six of seven siblings die in childhood. was essentially left to the streets of Baltimore. then to an orphanage, and his parents called him 'incorrigible'. Babe was in survival mode his whole childhood. six of his siblings lost that battle. And then he was going to sew, with those huge lumbering hands. which he did for hours and hours at St Mary's.
And Babe turned into the most happy, happiness spreading guy around, and particularly to children. giving to them thoughtfulness, time, and fun.

Rich Klein
06-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Adrian, such as Pete Chao before him, never bothered me in terms of reading his posts. It was in one ear and out the other.

RIch

Jacklitsch
06-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Adrian, such as Pete Chao before him, never bothered me in terms of reading his posts. It was in one ear and out the other.

RIch

Agreed.

mr2686
06-21-2013, 07:29 AM
No, No, you guys just don't understand. Leon is on to all of you and if Adrian goes down then all of you will go down...oh, wait...Adrian's gone and you're all still here. Hmmm...carry on.

t206hound
06-21-2013, 07:42 AM
He had some good whiny stories about his childhood, but I believe he was full of it. Mostly lies. Reminded me of Jon Lovitz.

Yeah... that's the ticket.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-21-2013, 08:19 AM

+1, if he had talked to me like that, I'm sure I would have gotten the ban-hammer as well. I think you were 100000% justified in what you did with how he attacked you with no alterior motives.

Bill, just remember one thing, you didn't stoop to his level. If people are trying to bring you DOWN, it only means that you are above them

novakjr
06-21-2013, 08:32 AM

RIch

Just imagine the chaos that those two, plus steaknchop and the nuns Wanger guy could cause if they were to somehow combine forces..

Bocabirdman
06-21-2013, 08:55 AM
Just imagine the chaos that those two, plus steaknchop and the nuns Wanger guy could cause if they were to somehow combine forces..

I think those four are going to be in the next Superman sequel, pushing the Man of Steel to use the Leon Hot-line.:D

auggiedoggy
06-21-2013, 09:08 AM

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!!! :eek::eek::eek:

mark evans
06-21-2013, 09:19 AM
Good decision, Leon...especially once things turned vulgar. I fully expect that Adrian would have burned out on his own accord eventually but no reason to subject the Board to his nonsense any longer.

Cardboard Junkie
06-21-2013, 09:37 AM
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Cool!

the 'stache
06-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Thank you, Brent and Jon.

Theo_450
06-21-2013, 10:58 PM
Just ten thirty five and his posting was done

He jousted with members, in two threads per day
While some of us wished that he’d just go away

He did try that once in post seven five one

He quickly returned on that very same day
And then, true to form, he had something to say

Intensified rants were his true tour-de-force
The yelling resumed and we all knew the source

He stepped up his game when attacking the board
While making an illness his own shield and sword

Our members revolted, their numbers did swell
The yelling got louder; we all know too well

Quite furious posts while exposing his soul
When making his point with the tact of a troll

Truly, I'm glad that new days have begun
The yelling has stopped and our forum has won

- Eric

P.S. Leon, thanks. You have the patience of Job. I truly appreciate everything you do for the hobby. In my opinion, your contributions go far beyond this board. And you do one hell of a job here, too, by the way. Just my opinion.

A fine ballad. I tip my hat to you.

jcmtiger
06-21-2013, 11:01 PM
A fine ballad. I tip my hat to you.

Good job eric, that took some thinking.

Joe

Peter_Spaeth
06-23-2013, 11:51 AM
It appears that Mr. 99 percent has reneged again, with another story, this time on a high dollar purchase of a high grade Mantle card on ebay. 1952toppsmantle for those keeping score. I am cognizant that he cannot respond, but on balance it seemed appropriate to warn folks.

Eric72
06-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I just wanted to leave a quick post to thank those who commented on my little poem/song. I truly appreciate all of your kind words.

Although I had some issues with Adrian, especially early on, I wish him the very best in all of his future endeavors. Here's hoping that he finds whatever it is that he's looking for.

Best regards and peace to all,

Eric

ullmandds
06-24-2013, 12:08 PM
It'd be kinda funny if all of his current auctions on ebay were re-negged upon by the buyers because they changed their minds...I wonder if Adrian would be ok with that?!

Peter_Spaeth
06-24-2013, 12:11 PM
It'd be kinda funny if all of his current auctions on ebay were re-negged upon by the buyers because they changed their minds...I wonder if Adrian would be ok with that?!

Negative feedbacks need to be reinstated to protect buyers and sellers.

ullmandds
06-24-2013, 12:21 PM
I agree...but I don't think ebay ever will?!

auggiedoggy
06-24-2013, 12:28 PM

+1

1880nonsports
06-24-2013, 12:51 PM
I have to be reading this wrong :-)

ullmandds
06-24-2013, 12:55 PM
Yes...he does. He hasn't been banned from ebay yet as far as I know. Maybe he will be due to high shipping fees?!

botn
06-24-2013, 01:06 PM

Absolutely but after speaking with an upper level management talking head, that day will never come where a seller can leave anything but a positive. The explanation I was given neither made sense nor instilled confidence that sellers were being looked after. The real reason for most of the changes that have taken place in the last few years was to compete with Amazon.com. Taking the seller's ability to leave a neutral or negative was to encourage buyers to stick with eBay since Amazon employs a feedback score only for the sellers.

Sorry to go off topic. Back to the poetry...

arc2q
06-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Peter / Pete-
I am a novice with eBay and relatively new to this board too. Plus I'm just plain curious. So I have spent the better part of the day searching his user ID on eBay and looking at his feedback and current listings. I am not finding anything about problems with recent transactions. The curiousity is now occupying every minute of my day at work and I will not accomplish anything productive today unless I figure out how to sleuth this kind of info through eBay. Is there something in particular I am missing when searching that User ID?
Thanks,
Andy

ullmandds
06-24-2013, 01:12 PM
With ebay's modern rules...I'm guessing such info cannot even be "sleuthed" out?!

ullmandds
06-24-2013, 01:13 PM
as a potential buyer of his cards...I'm sure there isn't much to worry about...I just wouldn't sell him anything unless he paid me first?!

Peter_Spaeth
06-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Peter / Pete-
I am a novice with eBay and relatively new to this board too. Plus I'm just plain curious. So I have spent the better part of the day searching his user ID on eBay and looking at his feedback and current listings. I am not finding anything about problems with recent transactions. The curiousity is now occupying every minute of my day at work and I will not accomplish anything productive today unless I figure out how to sleuth this kind of info through eBay. Is there something in particular I am missing when searching that User ID?
Thanks,
Andy

That is the problem with ebay as it now works -- when he buys cards and then reneges, as he has done based on what people have told me on at least several occasions and in all likelihood far more, sellers cannot leave him a negative feedback.

glchen
06-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Off topic, but right now, it looks like you cannot even leave "negative" feedback for a non-paying bidder on ebay. When you open the nonpyament case on ebay, it automatically removes any feedback that the buyer has left already. And when the case is closed, the seller cannot leave any feedback also. It used to be that you could leave "positive" feedback, but still put in the comments that the buyer did not pay as a warning to other sellers.

SetBuilder
06-24-2013, 02:19 PM
I can't wait until eBay's auction patents expire.

steve B
06-24-2013, 02:25 PM
There's better stuff out there already.

SetBuilder
06-24-2013, 02:40 PM
You can sell vintage stuff on Etsy. Anyone have any luck over there?

botn
06-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Off topic, but right now, it looks like you cannot even leave "negative" feedback for a non-paying bidder on ebay. When you open the nonpyament case on ebay, it automatically removes any feedback that the buyer has left already. And when the case is closed, the seller cannot leave any feedback also. It used to be that you could leave "positive" feedback, but still put in the comments that the buyer did not pay as a warning to other sellers.

Hi Gary,

If a seller leaves a positive feedback and the feedback comment is negative, eBay will not only remove it, but it is also grounds for a suspension for the seller. It is a very hostile place to try to conduct business.

Greg

Peter_Spaeth
06-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Maybe Eric can follow up with a poem about the state of ebay.

Here's a hint, renege rhymes with neg.

kmac32
06-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
eBay sucks
The end!

bobbyw8469
06-24-2013, 06:54 PM
That was beautiful!

JollyRoger
06-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Man, that guy was annoying.

Eric72
06-25-2013, 07:02 PM
Maybe Eric can follow up with a poem about the state of ebay.

There once was a site from Nantucket.........

Never mind, Ken nailed it. :D

Best,

Eric