PDA

View Full Version : Old Judge box

drumback
06-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Picked this up recently with a bunch of other items in an auction lot. This is outside the realm of what I collect, so I am wondering if anyone can give me an idea what it might be worth.

Leon
06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Picked this up recently with a bunch of other items in an auction lot. This is outside the realm of what I collect, so I am wondering if anyone can give me an idea what it might be worth.

These have actually come down a fair amount over the last several years. I own a few myself. I would peg the value of that one at about $25-$60.....just an educated guess.

drumback
06-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks, Leon. That's quite a collection of boxes/packs you have there.

Pythonfactory
06-20-2013, 02:58 PM
I don't see a Ty Cobb tin. Looks like a pretty incomplete collection to me ;)

Leon
06-20-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't see a Ty Cobb tin. Looks like a pretty incomplete collection to me ;)

Ty Cobb tin is a common compared to this Drum pack.*There might be another correct Drum pack known, and if so, it's overseas. The Mino and Kotton pouches are also uniquely known. I believe there is one other Gypsy Queen pack owned by another board member. In general the packs are exponentially scarcer than the cards that came in them. No one collected the packs so they were disposed of. And I would guess there will be more packs found in the future but for now....they are very scarce.

insccollectibles
06-20-2013, 03:19 PM
Wow Leon! Those are great I love the Hindu pack!

Leon
06-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Wow Leon! Those are great I love the Hindu pack!

It is dated 1908 so is a year or two prior to the cards. Another board member has a partial Hindu pack that is correct. It's even neater :).