PDA

View Full Version : MJ

HOF Auto Rookies
06-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Was watching this on the bay, and I think it looks good, and I am by no means an MJ expert, if it is legit, I don't think it's too bad of a deal.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-14-2013, 09:43 PM
No MJ experts?

Clark7781
06-14-2013, 09:49 PM
www.net54BASEBALL.com might give you an idea why there are no responses...

MooseDog
06-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Too neat for an IP signature with a paint pen. I would avoid.

My very limited experience with MJ in person was that he didn't like to sign things like cards, pictures, and basketballs that could easily be resold and if he did, he used one pen and signed everything with it - fast and sloppy.

99.9% of the MJs in the 1990s in silver or gold were forgeries.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-15-2013, 07:32 AM
www.net54BASEBALL.com might give you an idea why there are no responses...

Yes Paul, because there have never been any posts requesting boxing autographs or other sports.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Too neat for an IP signature with a paint pen. I would avoid.

My very limited experience with MJ in person was that he didn't like to sign things like cards, pictures, and basketballs that could easily be resold and if he did, he used one pen and signed everything with it - fast and sloppy.

99.9% of the MJs in the 1990s in silver or gold were forgeries.

I was thinking that, but in comparisons to his certified auto cards from UD, those looked fairly neat as well

thecatspajamas
06-15-2013, 09:36 AM
The title of this sub-forum is "Autograph Forum - Primarily Sports". Not only were you fine asking about Michael Jordan, you could have also asked about Michael Jackson. It just might take a little longer to get a response on the non-baseball sigs.

MooseDog
06-15-2013, 09:54 AM
I was thinking that, but in comparisons to his certified auto cards from UD, those looked fairly neat as well

I know of a source other than the Marinos (also located in SoCal) who must have produced a boatload of signed cards of basketball stars in the 1991-93 period. I buddy of mine that I used to graph in person with would trade his "good" stuff he got IP for this garbage. I tried to tell him they were no good, but he didn't believe me.

The forged signature were very neat, usually in gold or silver pen, but the one tell was they were all about the same size, not to mention the fact that they seemed to have an unlimited supply of stars.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-15-2013, 10:10 AM
I know of a source other than the Marinos (also located in SoCal) who must have produced a boatload of signed cards of basketball stars in the 1991-93 period. I buddy of mine that I used to graph in person with would trade his "good" stuff he got IP for this garbage. I tried to tell him they were no good, but he didn't believe me.

The forged signature were very neat, usually in gold or silver pen, but the one tell was they were all about the same size, not to mention the fact that they seemed to have an unlimited supply of stars.

Scary stuff, thank you. I didn't buy it or anything, didn't want to without being knowledgable

HOF Auto Rookies
06-15-2013, 10:25 AM
The title of this sub-forum is "Autograph Forum - Primarily Sports". Not only were you fine asking about Michael Jordan, you could have also asked about Michael Jackson. It just might take a little longer to get a response on the non-baseball sigs.

Thanks Lance!

shelly
06-15-2013, 11:38 AM

Mike Lopez?The other guy?

Marino only did Jordan in gold and black. The main Jordan Forger where Walsh and Shwartz out of Chicago They where part of the Alyinovich ring.

MooseDog
06-15-2013, 11:43 AM
Lopez could have been the origin, but my friend kept mentioning some guy named Taylor (last name, I think) based in Southern California. Even took a road trip down to meet the guy.

So sad.

Leon
06-16-2013, 08:22 AM
There is a reason for almost everything done by moderators (and me) on the forum. "Primarily" was included in the description for instances just like this. ALL autographs are ok but it's primarily baseball....And here is another tidbit. The more you post and the longer you are a member on this board, the more leniency you get with these types of things. Call it preferential treatment if you want to, I call it taking care of our own.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-16-2013, 11:18 AM
There is a reason for almost everything done by moderators (and me) on the forum. "Primarily" was included in the description for instances just like this. ALL autographs are ok but it's primarily baseball....And here is another tidbit. The more you post and the longer you are a member on this board, the more leniency you get with these types of things. Call it preferential treatment if you want to, I call it taking care of our own.

Thanks for the info Leon. I know I'm just a little minnow in this large forum, and I never post asking for autograph authenticity, been looking for a Jordan signed baseball card and just trying to familiarize myself a little more with his auto.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-16-2013, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the great info Shelly and Moose. Now for the Jordan forgeries, do you know I they did them for his baseball cards as well?