PDA

View Full Version : 1974 atlanta braves proof ticket

JoeyF1981
06-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Are proof tickets more rare than regular tickets? Im looking at a 1974 atlanta braves full proof ticket when he hit his 715 homerun. Wondering how much these go for and if theyre collectible. any help would be greatly appreciated

Scott Garner
06-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Are proof tickets more rare than regular tickets? Im looking at a 1974 atlanta braves full proof ticket when he hit his 715 homerun. Wondering how much these go for and if theyre collectible. any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Joey,

Proof tickets are definitely not more rare than regular tickets. Tickets with seat numbers are what ticket collectors typically are looking for.

Full proof tickets to Aaron's 715th HR have value, and are perhaps worth $200-$400 in a catalogue auction depending on condition and who is involved in the bidding. A fair amount of these full proof tickets are out in the hobby, as they routinely appear in auctions from time to time.

I hope this helps! ;)

mcgwirecom
06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
I second what Scott said. Tickets with seat numbers are finite. There are only a certain amount of them. So a full ticket from Hank's 715th with a seat number is indeed rare as everyone went to the game. But proofs have no seat number and you really have no clue how many were printed. And they weren't good for entry to the game.

smotan_02
06-11-2013, 03:18 PM
My collecting rankings are: full ticket (seat numbers), full ticket (proof), stub. Proofs are typically about 10-20% of the value of a seat numbered ticket.

I did have a proof ticket once that the athletic association (college ticket) had turned into a members ticket. Basically, if a registered ticket holder lost their ticket. They could report to the box office, show their association membership and then the box office would write their sat number on the ticket. If the real seat holder showed up, they would forfeit their seats. This information was printed on the ticket. I thought that proof was interesting.