PDA

View Full Version : Have "Sold" Listings Disappeared from eBay

GregMitch34
06-11-2013, 08:04 AM
I presume not, but I no longer see a place to click for them--in searches, say for "t206,' always was a choice of "active" or "sold" and now nothing there at all, and nothing (that I can find) along the left rail, except for "completed listings" (not the same thing) down the page. Just me or what?

nebboy
06-11-2013, 08:25 AM
I just ran into the same thing. I hope it shows back up, I use that function alot.

murcerfan
06-11-2013, 08:42 AM
scroll down along left side menu to "show only" click on completed listings.

novakjr
06-11-2013, 08:45 AM
On the left, go down to "more refinements". There should be a "show only" option, and within that there should be "completed listings". It doesn't appear to have a "sold only" option though..

GregMitch34
06-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Yeah, like I said, no Sold listings anymore that I can see. Completed listings is a bummer, too much to scroll through.

slidekellyslide
06-11-2013, 09:13 AM
I can still get "Sold" items on my phone....not on the computer though, it's gone. How many more changes can ebay make to make their system worse than it already is? It seems like something new every week that makes it more of a pain in the butt to do anything. Who are they listening to? Who is making these decisions? Has any ebay "decision maker" ever sold, bought or searched for an item on ebay?

insccollectibles
06-11-2013, 09:18 AM
I don't see the sold listings anymore.

CamaroDMD
06-11-2013, 10:23 AM
I noticed the same thing. All I can find now is the completed listings. That's unfortunate...that was a great tool.

earlywynnfan
06-11-2013, 10:43 AM
That's odd: I just used this function 5 minutes ago.

I just searched "Vladimir Guerrero jersey"
under the search box, I see 3 tabs, right in the center: "All" "Auction" "BiN"
right under those tabs, I see "Active listings" "sold listings" and "Completed listings."

Ken

tiger8mush
06-11-2013, 10:46 AM
That's unfortunate...that was a great tool.

as was using an astersk when searching for items (like mick* mant*), and leaving feedback for buyers, and having transparency by seeing bidders names, and seeing what "best offer" items sold for. But those were all USEFUL, so of course ebay took them away!

rjackson44
06-11-2013, 10:54 AM
they never leave things alone unreal...

quinnsryche
06-11-2013, 10:54 AM
Go to the advanced option (after the search bar) up at the top right. I just used it a 1/2 hr. ago. and it worked fine.

CamaroDMD
06-11-2013, 11:01 AM
as was using an astersk when searching for items (like mick* mant*), and leaving feedback for buyers, and having transparency by seeing bidders names, and seeing what "best offer" items sold for. But those were all USEFUL, so of course ebay took them away!
I can't argue with you there...I miss all those features.

slidekellyslide
06-11-2013, 11:12 AM
Go to the advanced option (after the search bar) up at the top right. I just used it a 1/2 hr. ago. and it worked fine.

I clicked on advanced search and there is no option to search for "sold" items only.

ctownboy
06-11-2013, 11:24 AM
I have Advanced eBay search on my favorites list. Until a few days ago, all I had as options on that page for search purposes was "title and description" and "completed listings". Then, all of a sudden, there was a "sold items" tab under the "completed listings" tab.

I thought that was great. However, after a few days, that tab disappeared and hasn't come back.

Now, when I am looking for some items under completed listings, I see that the date the item ended is no longer being shown. So, to see how long ago that item ended, instead of just looking next to the price and seeing the date, you have to click on the item to find out when it ended.

Having worked for a company that relied heavily on computers in its everyday business, I swear the people in the IT department must have felt like they had to change things around every six months so as to give their bosses a reason to keep them employed.....

slidekellyslide
06-14-2013, 11:23 PM
I see they now have the "sold" button to the left of the listings in the long list of customizations...one problem though is that whenever you do a new search it reverts to current auctions even though the "Sold" button is checkmarked...so you have to uncheck it which refreshes the screen and then check it again to sold listings. I'm guessing they have hired chimps to do their programming for them.

yanksfan09
06-15-2013, 06:18 AM
So frustrating....

It seems as though E-bay operates under the notion of "If it aint broke, fix it again".

earlywynnfan
06-15-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm finding this whole thing odd. I just looked up a search, and the tabs were right out front for me to click on, exactly like my screenshot above.

Yesterday, I looked something up, and those options weren't there! I had to go to the side like some of you said.

WEIRD!! Now, I was on a different computer yesterday, but I have no idea why that would matter.

Ken

autograf
06-15-2013, 02:15 PM
They've jacked it all up.......on some pages, it's readily available with active, sold and completed links that can easily be clicked on. Other pages still if you scroll down on the left you can see completed only and other pages still you have to click on show all and then completed. This has been stated before but....THEY ARE MORONS. They have taken a perfectly enjoyable site and made it such a pain that its ridiculous....and you know why? BECAUSE THEY CAN.