PDA

View Full Version : Card shops or shows near Austin, TX?

bundy462
06-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Anyone know of any? Shops, shows, flea markets, whatever. I'm fairly new to the area and can't seem to find much, especially for pre-war stuff.

Leon
06-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Anyone know of any? Shops, shows, flea markets, whatever. I'm fairly new to the area and can't seem to find much, especially for pre-war stuff.

I live near Dallas and have not heard of any in the Austin area. Maybe one of our Austinites will know more.
Fortunately the internet makes it where everything is only a virtual handshake away. But it is always fun to go to a store or show in person.

vintagetoppsguy
06-10-2013, 02:23 PM

Sports Collectibles of Houston is putting on a show in San Antonio (just a short trip from Austin) in a couple of weeks. Here are the details...

http://www.sportscollectiblesofhouston.com/Show_Exhibitors.html

cubsfan-budman
06-10-2013, 02:39 PM
In Austin, there are 3 card shops that I know of, but none are near the downtown area.

ASC Cards is on Burnet Road, slightly north of town...I can't stand this place, the guy there is SO rude and their prices are awful.

Card Traders of Austin is my go-to place for cards in Austin...again, its on the north side of town. The guys here are cool and they have a decent selection of post-war stuff...but I think they make a lot of their money from Pokemon, etc...so a lot of their cases are full of that stuff.

One place that I haven't gone is Kenny's Collectibles in South Austin. Its a drive for me down there, but I've heard tons of good things about it. I think its somewhat newer than those places and they have events from time to time...they also do other collectibles stuff there too from what I can tell from their webpage.

cubsfan-budman
06-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Oh, and there's a massive flea market on the east side of austin on 290...one of the largest flea markets in Texas. On Sunday, you can't miss it, as the cars waiting to get into the parking lot will stretch down the highway for a half mile.

bundy462
06-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the replies, I'll check them out.