PDA

View Full Version : Seen this one? Unbelieveable

Theoldprofessor
06-08-2013, 11:24 AM
What is this guy doing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERB-1948-LEAF-97-MARTIN-MARION-NM-MT-PSA-8-CARDINALS-BASEBALL-CARD-/321139980792?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4ac56f39f8

Cardboard Junkie
06-08-2013, 11:38 AM
WoW! Not only is it "unbelieveable" but it is also unbelievable!

Theoldprofessor
06-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Sir;

I have Parkinson's disease. Sometimes spelling gets away from me.

Cardboard Junkie
06-08-2013, 11:48 AM
How about that 48 (49) leaf.....seller says psa 8 AND lists a serial #? What a messed up listing.....and loaded from a phone I think. Your buddy, Dave:)

auggiedoggy
06-08-2013, 12:07 PM
What is this guy doing?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPERB-1948-LEAF-97-MARTIN-MARION-NM-MT-PSA-8-CARDINALS-BASEBALL-CARD-/321139980792?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4ac56f39f8

Wow!! PSA has gone to a newer, more open access holder without the certification label. Not only that, they now assign PSA 8 grades to cards with paper loss on the back. Who looks at the back anyway? :D

p.s. Has anyone contacted the seller to give him a swat upside the head?

T205 GB
06-08-2013, 12:18 PM
they now assign PSA 8 grades to cards with paper loss on the back.

Lol. You do know that they actually do this right. Maybe not an 8 but I know of a 6+7 with paperloss. :eek:

okmaybent@aol.com
06-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Awesome Marketing. Especially brilliant is using the back of the card as the listing photo instead of the front. Front of the card photos are soooo played out these days.

I also like the use of the designer towel (from the Jaclyn Smith K Mart Collection.) It says this card is rich and expensive. Having the card on its side so you have to crane your neck to see it says I don't really need to sell this card so don't work me on the price.

Brilliant.

auggiedoggy
06-08-2013, 12:37 PM
After dangling that carrot in front of me it says "May not ship to Canada" for this item. Oh what's a poor Canuck to do???

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/sad/smiley-face-crying.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

Theoldprofessor
06-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Wow!! PSA has gone to a newer, more open access holder without the certification label. Not only that, they now assign PSA 8 grades to cards with paper loss on the back. Who looks at the back anyway? :D

p.s. Has anyone contacted the seller to give him a swat upside the head?

I sent the guy a note, alerting him to the fact that the card in the picture isn't want he claims it to be, and suggesting that he withdraw from the auction before eBay gets wind of what he's doing. Here's his response:

"Check this out guy if i where hiding anything i wouldnt be putting it on ebay i am not a card collect or dealer so i had the card like 15 - 20 years. I dont care if ebay catch wind the hell catch wind of what. Its the same card is on here for 1300 buck if u want that one go get but please stay out my business trying to categorize me as a criminal. I sell good on ebay for your info."

Anybody else care to try?

Wymers Auction
06-08-2013, 03:17 PM
I sent the guy a note, alerting him to the fact that the card in the picture isn't want he claims it to be, and suggesting that he withdraw from the auction before eBay gets wind of what he's doing. Here's his response:

"Check this out guy if i where hiding anything i wouldnt be putting it on ebay i am not a card collect or dealer so i had the card like 15 - 20 years. I dont care if ebay catch wind the hell catch wind of what. Its the same card is on here for 1300 buck if u want that one go get but please stay out my business trying to categorize me as a criminal. I sell good on ebay for your info."

Stupid is as stupid does.

HRBAKER
06-08-2013, 03:31 PM
His grammar is criminal.

kcohen
06-08-2013, 03:33 PM

When did Tonto start listing on Ebay?

JollyElm
06-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Wow, the eloquence of this gem of a human being is beyond me. His words really cut through the clutter and instill me with faith in my fellow man. I am better for having read his response.

buymycards
06-08-2013, 03:56 PM
He has an opening bid. I've got the feeling that he won't get paid.

botn
06-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Lol. You do know that they actually do this right. Maybe not an 8 but I know of a 6+7 with paperloss. :eek:

Those PSA 13s always have paper loss.

Jlighter
06-08-2013, 05:57 PM
I also like the use of the designer towel (from the Jaclyn Smith K Mart Collection.) It says this card is rich and expensive. Having the card on its side so you have to crane your neck to see it says I don't really need to sell this card so don't work me on the price.

Brilliant.

It's marketing 101, like putting a Rolls Royce in a real estate listing.

http://www.waterfront-properties.com/images/photo-92_800.jpg

It just screams luxury.

the 'stache
06-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Stupid is as stupid does.

Agreed. I don't even know where to start with that guy's response.

His grammar is criminal.

I don't know how you make a mistake like that, unless it was typed out on his phone, and it substituted were with "where". Highly unlikely though, based on the rest of his response.

When I see things like that, I can't help but just shake my head.

Eric72
06-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Surprising that the seller didn't also place PWCC in their title.

joeadcock
06-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Surprising that the seller didn't also place PWCC in their title.

Priceless

deadballfreaK
06-08-2013, 06:34 PM
8! Big number. Me like. Me want!

Eric72
06-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Bob,

Thanks for helping to ensure that nobody got burned on this. According to eBay, "This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available."

Best Regards,

Eric

steve B
06-08-2013, 08:38 PM
Did he revise it along the way? I didn't see the serial number.

While it's no 8, I also don't see the paperloss.
I wonder how much he got to stop the auction? I actually need that card and would have been in at $10.

Steve B

auggiedoggy
06-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Did he revise it along the way? I didn't see the serial number.

While it's no 8, I also don't see the paperloss.
I wonder how much he got to stop the auction? I actually need that card and would have been in at $10.

Steve B

There is paper loss on the back. Not sure how you could miss it.

peterose4hof
06-09-2013, 07:21 PM
Brings new meaning to the phrase "Buy the card; not the holder."

steve B
06-10-2013, 10:56 AM
There is paper loss on the back. Not sure how you could miss it.

Ok, I'm still puzzled. Rotated it right side up, cropped, doubled the size, still not seeing much that looks like paper loss. The tiny spot almost dead center on the Y in only is the only maybe. There's some odd color things, but I think those are all from the cardsaver.

If it's the spot on the Y, How the heck did you spot that on the tiny Ebay scan?

http://www.net54baseball.com/picture.php?albumid=123&pictureid=11599