PDA

View Full Version : Hartland statues

yanks12025
06-08-2013, 05:20 AM
Sold these on eBay last week and now the buyer opened a case saying they weren't described correctly and have been repainted. They look like other heartlands, this is the first time I have ever owned but do these look repainted.

yanks12025
06-08-2013, 05:20 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261223021639?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

lefty147
06-08-2013, 09:28 AM
I was under the impression the remade ones were marked on the back as such. Mike

bigtrain
06-08-2013, 10:34 AM
I have owned a couple of dozen hartlands, 3 or 4 Mantles and a couple of Berras over the years. Hard to tell from pictures but the Mantle may have been touched up under the sleeve. The Berra looks good. BTW, the guy got them for a great price. I would not be complaining.

jcmtiger
06-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Don't know if they are repainted, but the Mantle has a base that it is mounted to. There should be no base.

Joe

perezfan
06-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Mantle's sleeve definitely appears re-painted. I can't tell for sure, but am guessing there is touch-up work on the Cap as well. Base was obviously added later. I am guessing Berra is also retouched, if obtained from the same source.

Most collectors of original Hartlands want them all-original, and would rather have some scattered paint rubs/scratches than any alteration or restoration. Any re-painting should definitely have been disclosed. It's kind of like a Baseball Card that's been touched up.

Hope this helps

yanks12025
06-08-2013, 05:31 PM
Mantle's sleeve definitely appears re-painted. I can't tell for sure, but am guessing there is touch-up work on the Cap as well. Base was obviously added later. I am guessing Berra is also retouched, if obtained from the same source.

Most collectors of original Hartlands want them all-original, and would rather have some scattered paint rubs/scratches than any alteration or restoration. Any re-painting should definitely have been disclosed. It's kind of like a Baseball Card that's been touched up.

Hope this helps

Well I would have disclose the repainted had I known it before. Like I said this was the first time ever owning them before and they looked original compared to others on ebay. So I'm gonna go by whatever the buyer wants to make them happy.

perezfan
06-08-2013, 07:06 PM
Yeah... it's tough to tell if you are new to these, or have only seen them on a limited basis. Hartland collectors tend to be more obsessive than most, and are extremely picky about them. I'm sure this guy appreciates the refund!

jcmtiger
06-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Well I would have disclose the repainted had I known it before. Like I said this was the first time ever owning them before and they looked original compared to others on ebay. So I'm gonna go by whatever the buyer wants to make them happy.

Yes, this is a tough one, if you have not been exposed to these. Hartland collectors don't want any that have been messed with. I had the complete set and they are addictive.

Joe