PDA

View Full Version : Need Selling Advice... late 50's/early 60's High Grade sets

KC Doughboy
06-07-2013, 09:30 PM
I am getting ready to sell sets & near complete Topps sets from '58, '59, '60 and '61. All of these are pretty much EX to NM.

(Example: My 61 Topps set is one card short. There are three cards that are about VG with light creases... no others are below EX, mostly well centered with no M/C's. about 20 would be NM-MT)

I've been really impressed with the sales prices on eBay from PWCC & Probstein so I have been considering consigning to one of them.

I will most likely post them here first, but my success selling higher grade cards/lots on net54 has been inconsistent.

Any thoughts on what option?
Break them up and sell individually or as partial lots?
Buy the final cards to complete each set before selling?
Probstein vs PWCC?

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice.

Eric Matthews

obcbeatle
06-08-2013, 09:00 AM
I am getting ready to sell sets & near complete Topps sets from '58, '59, '60 and '61. All of these are pretty much EX to NM.

(Example: My 61 Topps set is one card short. There are three cards that are about VG with light creases... no others are below EX, mostly well centered with no M/C's. about 20 would be NM-MT)

I've been really impressed with the sales prices on eBay from PWCC & Probstein so I have been considering consigning to one of them.

I will most likely post them here first, but my success selling higher grade cards/lots on net54 has been inconsistent.

Any thoughts on what option?
Break them up and sell individually or as partial lots?
Buy the final cards to complete each set before selling?
Probstein vs PWCC?

Thanks for sharing your experience and advice.

Eric Matthews

I've sold a few of my Topps baseball and football sets from the 1960's and early 1970's on eBay over the years, when I needed the $. I regret selling them now. In fact, I'm working on those sets again in lower condition. A couple sets I sold were EX-NM a couple were more VG'ish. Anyway ... if you have the $ to complete the sets I would do that and then sell the complete sets yourself on eBay. You may have to re-list a couple times to get a price you are comfortable with. I would not consign and I would not break up the set into stars, high numbers and common lots, etc. unless you have A LOT of time on your hands and are willing to re-list many times on eBay for cards and lots that don't sell the first time thru at your expected price. And good quality pictures are worth a thousand words on eBay! Just my opinion based on my eBay selling experiences. Good luck with your selling!

KC Doughboy
06-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Thanks Jerry for the input.
Anyone else willing to share their experience or knowledge?