PDA

View Full Version : Autograph value - Team Signed Helmet

Luckyirish11
06-07-2013, 08:35 AM
My daughter and I took an authentic Arizona Diamondbacks helmet to spring training this year and ended up getting the entire team to sign it. I am including it in our home owners insurance, but cannot find any legitimate value. I figured I would post on here to see what everyone else thinks.

Signatures include Paul Goldschmidt, Martin Prado, Miguel Montero, Aaron Hill, Cliff Pennington, Didi Gregorius, Adam Eaton, Jason Kubel, Cody Ross, Gerrardo Parra, AJ Pollock, Erik Chavez, Erik Hinske, Wil Nieves, Rod Barajas, Ian Kennedy, Daniel Hudson, Brandon Mccarthy, Trevor Cahill, Patrick Corbin, Tyler Skaggs, Josh Collmenter, Tony Sipp, Brad Ziegler, David Hernandez, JJ Putz, Matt Reynolds, Heath Bell, Kirk Gibson, Alan Tramell, Don Baylor, Charles Nagy, Derek Hall, Kevin Towers, Ken Kendrick and Bob Brenly.

There are no duplicates and every signature came out clean, used a black sharpie on red helmet. Any guesses welcome, can't find anything online to compare. Thanks.

calvindog
06-07-2013, 08:38 AM
$50?

Bpm0014
06-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Don't mean to sound harsh, but the only value is probably the memories you'll have of getting it signed with your daughter. Or unless they win the World Series this year. But minimal if any value at all.

whitehse
06-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Don't mean to sound harsh, but the only value is probably the memories you'll have of getting it signed with your daughter. Or unless they win the World Series this year. But minimal if any value at all.

Minimal if any value at all? Wow, I am going to disagree with this. While you are correct in that the sentimental value of collecting these autos with one's daughter might be more valuable than the actual monetary value of this helmet, this helmet will still have value. All it takes is one collector who sees this item as an excellent display piece and is willing to pay for it to determine the value and honestly, I think there is someone out there who is willing to do this.

I think the value will certainly rise if the OP can prove his story with photos and such. But taken on its face value, I would assume that helmet has at least a value of 75 to 100 bucks and possibly more if provenance can be shown. It will take a leap of faith by a collector to pay hard earned money for this item without photographic evidence of how the signatures were collected but at the minimum, this item is worth whatever a actual game helmet (NOT game used) would cost a collector.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-07-2013, 12:08 PM
I think you could get around $150+ for it, depending on the season Goldy has, and the team as well. You have the big names, and so that def helps. I may be interested.

Luckyirish11
06-07-2013, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I will post some photos soon. Not interested in selling, definitely plan on passing down once my daughter is old enough to appreciate

whitehse
06-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I will post some photos soon. Not interested in selling, definitely plan on passing down once my daughter is old enough to appreciate

Then if that is the case...the helmet is priceless!! Enjoy the helmet!!

shelly
06-07-2013, 08:43 PM
Your deal your family why in the world would you put a price tag on that:confused:

HOF Auto Rookies
06-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Your deal your family why in the world would you put a price tag on that:confused:

Probably just out of curiosity, and if she ever needed to sell it if there is an emergency