PDA

View Full Version : Whats your focus of collecting this summer?

goudey1933
06-05-2013, 09:15 AM
Subject has been hit on before but things change.For me hopefully tonight I can score an E94 off ebay and restart my collection after selling everything 2 years ago.Also thinking about starting a 1954-55 Topps hockey set.

Paul S
06-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Selling. Raw. On the BST or privately between fellow members. Maybe a trade or two.

Cardboard Junkie
06-05-2013, 09:47 AM
I am selling off small lots of raw cards, by consigning to auction houses, and rebuilding a smaller more manageable collection of nicer condition graded cards.

g_vezina_c55
06-05-2013, 10:30 AM
humm probably collect a little less

since funds are a little low in the summer...
Money will go more into familly vacancy at niagara falls :) and familly activity.

But i will probably buy a couple T206 cards and a couple eddie plank cards if it is possible. I am looking principaly for a cracker jack plank at this time.

And on the side of the BIG $$ goals i would like to buy a E107 Plank but i think that will be hard this summer.

camlov2
06-05-2013, 10:48 AM
No buying this summer, probably going to start selling off some obaks and zeenuts. Have to first research going rates and rarity of particular cards. Not up to date on the sets since the cards have been in the collection since the 70's and 80's.

markf31
06-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Wait focus?! What's that?

VoodooChild
06-05-2013, 10:53 AM
I've decided to take the summer off. I've been going a little crazy recently and the wife may not be too happy. My collecting purchases are surpassing her shoe/wardrobe purchases which isn't good! I bought my first T206 Feb 20th (the same day I quit smoking cold turkey after 25 years) and just picked up my 50th card (and last one for a little while). I made it a good one - PSA 3.5 Cy Young Glove Shows Tolstoi back. Thanks to fellow board members, I've aslo been able to add a bunch of Pirate Type cards as well.

I'm going to spend the summer organizing and enjoying my collection. I just upgraded my scanner and am thinking about getting collection organizing software. I'll also be adding some albums here on Net54. I'll keep lurking on the forum, but will be staying away from B/S/T!!!

Have a nice summer everyone, stay safe.

- Jason

g_vezina_c55
06-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Wait focus?! What's that?

a car... you know Ford Focus ? :)

Zone91
06-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Going to add as many nice well centered PSA 52 Topps cards as I can (would like to get at least another 20 cards)....but this month I will be doing no buying only in July and August. I will also probably add a few (maybe 2 or 3) PSA 8 Mantle cards to my master set.

Post # 1

auggiedoggy
06-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Sell my remaining T212s and be on the lookout for some higher quality C46s. Unfortunately the ones I find are, more often than not, owned by American sellers who refuse to ship outside the USA and don't get me going about that!!! :mad::confused::mad:

t206blogcom
06-05-2013, 01:13 PM
Will be selling the bulk of my modern cards, vintage, T206s and anything else I can get out of the house. Mostly to fund a new home purchase, but also to refocus my collecting efforts. I'm not a set builder, nor do I have a passion to collect a ton of this and a ton of that. Suppose I'm more of a little bit of this and that collector, at least for now. Also, I'm not finding a lot of time for collecting these days.

Seiklis
06-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Just my normal looking for more Diaz Cigarettes.

Though maybe some more T205 backs and T207 Napoleons

scooter729
06-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Geez, seems like everyone is looking to sell here - must be a good buying opportunity for the rest of us!

Zone91
06-05-2013, 03:12 PM
auggiedoggy

I find if you are ready to pay for say registered mail, express mail or FeDex most U.S dealers will actually ship to Canada....you can use buy it now Ebay will not block you and then you can work it out with the seller when requesting the total invoice...I have always been lucky and the seller ends up shipping it to me to Canada.

Ebay.com may stop you from bidding on a item that is only shipped to the U.S but does not seem to do so when using buy it now!!

Post # 2

auggiedoggy
06-05-2013, 03:39 PM
auggiedoggy

I find if you are ready to pay for say registered mail, express mail or FeDex most U.S dealers will actually ship to Canada....you can use buy it now Ebay will not block you and then you can work it out with the seller when requesting the total invoice...I have always been lucky and the seller ends up shipping it to me to Canada.

Ebay.com may stop you from bidding on a item that is only shipped to the U.S but does not seem to do so when using buy it now!!

Post # 2

Hi zone, saw your PMs and have responded. You can read what I said there but I'll quickly mention that in some cases, US sellers that don't ship outside the USA aren't even reachable via the eBay messaging system so if the reason for their "problem" is shipping-releated I can't even contact them to discuss it. End of story! Some state that they are not "set up for foreign shipping" whatever the hell that means. :confused: I'm just a simple collector who sells from time to time and I don't seem to have a problem shipping to anywhere in the world. No special set-up required. Its not rocket science so I'm not sure what their problem is other than laziness. :(

7nohitter
06-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Still working on my '57 set...4th summer in a row! Buying cards in single and low quantities I've probably WAAAAY overpaid for what I could sell the set for...but i'm not collecting it to sell!

Runscott
06-06-2013, 12:28 PM
Still trying to fill in my Spalding Guide set with reading copies. Thought I had a huge chunk of it solved with a Memory Lane win, but turned out that almost all of the glossy Major League team photos had been carefully removed :(
Expanding my 1800's cabinet photo collecting to include non-townball teams.
Still working on a few handwritten autographed letters by T206-era players\ 'Odd', but lower-priced T206's

thehoodedcoder
06-06-2013, 07:01 PM
woops. wrong thread.

kevin

Brian Van Horn
06-06-2013, 07:10 PM
Whats your focus of collecting this summer?

If I see and I like and I can afford it, I buy or trade for it.

EGreenwood
06-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I intend to pick up a couple T206's and enjoy a vacation with the family.

Erik

nebboy
06-06-2013, 09:06 PM
As in 1984 - Frankie goes to hollywood song
RelaxRelax don't do it
When you want to go to it

I have blown mine and got some nice T205 SPs and am already done for the summer. Unless I can muster up just one more (HOF)...

Vintagecatcher
06-06-2013, 10:01 PM
There is only a handful of cards left on my wantlist...a few C46s, T207s, 1912 Home Run Kisses Kreitz, 1912 Claude Berry Zeenut, a few Obaks, T210 catchers and the never ending pursuit of Chief Meyers S74 colored silks.

I might have to pick up a few more T209-2 catchers.

There are always upgrades to keep me in the game.

Patrick

x2drich2000
06-06-2013, 11:28 PM
I'm mainly looking to make progress on my E92 Nadja set. I'll be happy if I can get at least one each month for the rest of the year and get 1 or 2 hofers during that time. Other than that, finishing off my E93 set and picking up a few W554 would be nice.

DJ

deadballfreaK
06-07-2013, 12:50 AM
My goal was to thin out my collection. Sell some stuff I wasn't really that interested in, raise a few bucks, and become more focused. Yeah right. Sold a few cards and used the money to buy more. It's a disease.

deadballfreaK
06-07-2013, 12:54 AM
I've decided to take the summer off. I've been going a little crazy recently and the wife may not be too happy. My collecting purchases are surpassing her shoe/wardrobe purchases which isn't good! I bought my first T206 Feb 20th (the same day I quit smoking cold turkey after 25 years) and just picked up my 50th card (and last one for a little while). I made it a good one - PSA 3.5 Cy Young Glove Shows Tolstoi back. Thanks to fellow board members, I've aslo been able to add a bunch of Pirate Type cards as well.

I'm going to spend the summer organizing and enjoying my collection. I just upgraded my scanner and am thinking about getting collection organizing software. I'll also be adding some albums here on Net54. I'll keep lurking on the forum, but will be staying away from B/S/T!!!

Have a nice summer everyone, stay safe.

- Jason

Stay strong on the smoking thing. I quit cold turkey also after about 25 years. Never regretted it. Saves a lot of money that you can spend on cards! :eek:

bbcard1
06-07-2013, 06:16 AM
I am starting to play around with Obaks...it's a long-term thing. I too would like to thin the herd but like most people on the board the things I would be interested in selling are not things many people are interested in buying.

jimivintage
06-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Accumulating HOF RCs while selling off stuff I don't need. Also, finishing off my t206 McGraw Portrait w/ Cap back run. Still need the AB, SC25, SC30, Uzit, Sovereign, and EPDG. I then hope to move onto another t206 player back run.

MVSNYC
06-07-2013, 07:14 AM
T206 Rare Backs ;)