PDA

View Full Version : OT – How do you tell eBay they've screwed up?

Howe’s Hunter
06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Last night at home, and again this morning at work, I've discovered that my eBay search for cards no longer is allowed. Seems they now limit your search terms to 100 characters or spaces. To help weed out all the stuff I didn't want to see, mine was at 207. I looked online to see if they had a complaint section, but I'm not finding one.

Anyone else have this problem come up and does anyone know a workaround? My average number of items in a search come up to 2,100. It is now around 6,000. ARGGGGHHHHH!

sportscardpete
06-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Had this too. This is horrible!

the-illini
06-05-2013, 08:26 AM
They are doing that because they don't want people to weed anything out. Sucks.

travrosty
06-05-2013, 08:45 AM
to answer the question on how to tell ebay they've screw up?

you don't, they don't care. that's the problem of dealing with ebay.

novakjr
06-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Well, if ebay doesn't want us weeding out all the mislisted crap in our searches. Maybe we should just start reporting all the mislistings, and make their lives hell having to sort through all the shit too... One thing for sure that I'm tired of is the Conlon type garbage being listed by the years of the photos. Their pre-war section is flooded with bullshit. Noramally, the long -(search) did the trick. But from time to time, it won't even let me do that without listing something specific outside of the -(). That always pisses me off too..

poorlydrawncat
06-05-2013, 11:25 AM
I know, I spent an hour last night editing all my searches. Also, can someone tell me WHY THEY REMOVED THE ASTERISK FEATURE?! Life was so much easier when I could just do '-197*' and remove all cards from the 70s. Now I have to list each year and I have even less space to do it in...

Bored5000
06-05-2013, 11:30 AM
to answer the question on how to tell ebay they've screw up?

you don't, they don't care. that's the problem of dealing with ebay.

I think this is the correct answer. I can't see any way that eBay made this change because they thought users would prefer the move. It seems a lot like restricting viewing a best offer accepted sale price. There is no way that people would actually prefer such a change, but eBay doesn't care if people like it or not.

sports-rings
06-05-2013, 11:50 AM
I noticed it too.

and just for the record.... I am trying to "weed-in". I hate the idea of missing an item so I included, not omitted many words. Now I am forced to reduce words increasing the chance of missing something.

This week I won a great item in an old-time auction format. Sadly for the seller but good for me, they started the item so low in price, I'm sure many of the people I compete against never saw the item. They never saw the item because ebay is no longer the "must see" auction place it used to be. The item sold for much lower than it should have and they would have been better off putting it in an auction house.

Ebay really has become a secondary way for me to acquire pieces for my collection. It used to be #1 by far.

Their loss.....

Howe’s Hunter
06-05-2013, 09:31 PM
all back to normal tonight.

Zach Wheat
06-06-2013, 05:12 AM
I noticed it too.

and just for the record.... I am trying to "weed-in". I hate the idea of missing an item so I included, not omitted many words. Now I am forced to reduce words increasing the chance of missing something.

This week I won a great item in an old-time auction format. Sadly for the seller but good for me, they started the item so low in price, I'm sure many of the people I compete against never saw the item. They never saw the item because ebay is no longer the "must see" auction place it used to be. The item sold for much lower than it should have and they would have been better off putting it in an auction house.

Ebay really has become a secondary way for me to acquire pieces for my collection. It used to be #1 by far.

Their loss.....

I agree completely. I am going more towards auction houses for my purchases. I really don't think the powers at eBay understand this or in fact care.

Z Wheat

novakjr
06-06-2013, 09:32 AM
I noticed it too.

Their loss.....

Sporting News is one of the big ones. Alot of the Conlon garbage is listed as Sporting News. So by eliminated that from searches, you're dumping a whole bunch of good stuff too...

SMPEP
06-06-2013, 09:36 AM
... buying and bidding less on Ebay.

They don't care.

I really wish that everyone would put all of their cards on Check out my cards instead of Ebay. I get consistent front and back pictures. Only problem with them are the prices, but with more cards on there, those would adjust over time.

Cheers,
Patrick