PDA

View Full Version : Exemplar Players' League Autographs

ngrow9
06-05-2013, 07:39 AM
I recently received a collection of photographs of court documents from the 1890 lawsuit filed against John Montgomery Ward to (unsuccessfully) prevent him from jumping to the Players' League. Included in the court file are what appear to be authentic, notorized autographs from several players of the era, including Ward, Dan Brouthers, Tim Keefe, and Edward Hanlon. I thought I'd post them here in case they were of use to anyone. In some cases (especially for Ward), I have images of a number of signatures not included below, so send me a PM if you'd like to see others.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Please shoot me some close-ups of Hanlon. Want to do some comparables with mine, if mine is authentic.

ngrow9
06-05-2013, 12:36 PM
Unfortunately, the one above is the best I've got. These were photographed for me for other academic research purposes, so I do not have any close-ups of the signatures. I just thought I'd post them here as in, in case they were of use.

MooseDog
06-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Here's a blow-up from the posted pic. Hope it helps.

tazdmb
06-05-2013, 03:11 PM
These are great, thanks for sharing. Maybe Ron K. can use them in his second addition. :D

mighty bombjack
06-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks for posting these. I dig the Dennis Brouthers.

HOF Auto Rookies
06-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Here's a blow-up from the posted pic. Hope it helps.

Thank you, it does help indeed for the best we can get right now. Amazing examples