PDA

View Full Version : Boxing autograph guy's.

jross2
06-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Got these Marciano items awhile back, directly from the original recipient. The man is quite elderly and it was difficult for him to remember all the circumstances surrounding the items.
The handwritten note was deemed genuine by a board member here, Rich Simon, and a COA was issued and it has since been sold. Rich did not issue an official opinion on the others but did say he was not entirely happy with them. This is not any issue about Rich Simon, it is just a request for more opinions on the sig at the bottom of the note. Thanks in advance. Jross2

Exhibitman
06-05-2013, 10:11 AM
A better picture of the envelope would help

jross2
06-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Broke it into 2 photos for easier viewing

jross2
06-05-2013, 01:23 PM
forgot to enter these.

Exhibitman
06-05-2013, 07:57 PM
I think it is good

ETA: the more I look at it the more I think it is a secretarial. Sorry to be fickle I've just been comparing it to others that I know are good and secretarial and am having 2nd thoughts.

FWIW Summit was a Marciano "sponsor"; I have a card of him by Summit:

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/rareboxingcards/websize/Promo%20Marciano.jpg

jross2
06-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks Adam. No problem with changing your mind. Not that I am an expert but I have had a hard time with it myself. That makes 2 no's with Rich. I am not going to waste $200 on a "wing and a prayer" that it might be good. Thanks again. Jim Smith

Mr. Zipper
06-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Has our friendly neighborhood boxing expert been alerted? Certainly he could add value to this discussion.