PDA

View Full Version : 2013 National Photo Opportunity

yanks12025
06-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I was just looking at the people who will be doing autographs signings at the national and they're charging people anyway from $20 to $199 just for a photo opportunity(auto not included) with the players. Are they being serious? Who would pay $199 to get my photo with Roger Clemens or Ricky Henderson. That's a joke.

Ripken has high prices(low compared to some), but it's nice that won't charge people for photos "Bring your own camera as Cal will take a photo with each person who purchases an autograph at no extra charge!"

David Atkatz
06-03-2013, 02:16 PM
F*ck 'em. What pigs. Why anyone would pay these guys for the "honor" of spending a second or two in their presence is beyond me.

shelly
06-03-2013, 03:24 PM
I just looked at the list. If I where a dealer I would ask for my money back. Who iis going to have any money left to buy anything from a dealer.
Not only that Tri Star should be under arrest for grand theft. If not them then the people that would think of paying that money should be put away. :mad:

Leon
06-03-2013, 04:04 PM
I just looked at the list. If I where a dealer I would ask for my money back. Who iis going to have any money left to buy anything from a dealer.
Not only that Tri Star should be under arrest for grand theft. If not them then the people that would think of paying that money should be put away. :mad:

How can you fault Tri-Star? I fault the people paying the money for the photos. If no one bought them then it wouldn't happen. Personally, I think it's crazy too.

shelly
06-03-2013, 04:15 PM
How can you fault Tri-Star? I fault the people paying the money for the photos. If no one bought them then it wouldn't happen. Personally, I think it's crazy too.

They need to make money. The photo idea is theres not the players. Charge what you want for the autographs not for having your picture taken. They have a guy takeing the pictures. I am sure Tri Star is getting a percentage.

thenavarro
06-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Personally, I think it's crazy too.

LOL, everyone enjoys the hobby in different ways. I personally think it's nutty collecting unsigned photos of dead guys on cardboard, but I actually enjoy the photo ops and autographs.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/bojacksonmavenandiforthread_zpsa5942923.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/TimBrownMavenandIforthread_zpsbd0ebca9.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/spockdadandmaven.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2v17luq.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2vcxbpy.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/160y80g.jpg

RichardSimon
06-03-2013, 05:00 PM
So it is going to cost around $400 for a Randy Johnson, etc. photo with an autograph and inscription on it and the collector in the picture.
Hope you are not buying it for resale because the aftermarket value of that picture is going to be about $10.
I looked at that Tristar list, it is disgusting. And they are giving you a 5x7 photo? Wow,,, I thought only the Florida crooks used 5x7 photos :D:D.
I have a book full of Polaroid photos, some signed, of my son, getting autographs at shows where as a dealer my autograph was free, and nobody dreamed of charging for a photo.

shelly
06-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Mike, great photo's. I bet you did not spend one dime to have them taken.
It is nice but would you pay for a five by seven picture for 200 :confused:

dapro
06-03-2013, 09:54 PM
LOL, everyone enjoys the hobby in different ways. I personally think it's nutty collecting unsigned photos of dead guys on cardboard, but I actually enjoy the photo ops and autographs.

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/bojacksonmavenandiforthread_zpsa5942923.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/TimBrownMavenandIforthread_zpsbd0ebca9.jpg

http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab239/thenavarro/spockdadandmaven.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2v17luq.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2vcxbpy.jpg

http://i29.tinypic.com/160y80g.jpg

That is pretty cool!

shelly
06-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Mike the Ali picture was taken how long ago. I know he did not charge you for it. I think it is great to have your picture with great people but to pay for a five by seven photo of Randy Johnson please forgive me but I would photo shop it before i paid that kind of money.:D

thenavarro
06-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Mike the Ali picture was taken how long ago. I know he did not charge you for it. I think it is great to have your picture with great people but to pay for a five by seven photo of Randy Johnson please forgive me but I would photo shop it before i paid that kind of money.:D

Shelly,

Yessir, paid for every one, even Ali. If I remember correctly, it was a tristar phofo op in 93 or 94 in Dallas. No, I wouldnt pay for the Big Unit, but there are a lot I would pay for, especially if my daughtet wanted to do it.

I regret not getting more photos along the way. I was too busy chasing graphd for years. Id gladly trade those graphs now for pictures with them instead

There's a ton of stuff id love to have and do in which I wouldnt givre a flying flip about "resale value" Differrent strokes for different folks.

Mike

RichardSimon
06-04-2013, 06:25 AM
I love the old pictures that I have of my son with old time players.
And if someone is happy that he paid for a pic of themselves with athletes then more power to you.
I just think it is disgusting that a promoter charges that kind of money for the opportunity to get a 5X7 photo with the athlete. 5x7??? What is the matter Tristar, you could not get a deal on 8x10's? If you are printing them on the spot, well my printer handles 5x7's and 8x10's. Pay me and I will be happy to bring it to the show and do the printing for you.
What used to be free for all is now another source of $$$ for these million dollar companies. And as stated previously if I was setting up at the show I would be really pissed off. Though I do suspect that this might be the show where price resistance sets in and people just don't pay $400 for a signed picture of themselves with Randy Johnson, etc. That is just nuts.

Leon
06-04-2013, 07:22 AM

I have no issue with paying for a photo op. Time is money sort of thing. But the price?? I do understand though and I guess me paying 10k for a T215 Pirate card, which I really don't care for but needed it, is even more crazy than a few hundred for a current photo. HAPPY COLLECTING everyone!!

travrosty
06-04-2013, 08:33 AM
if i was a famous athlete i would make sure no one had to pay for a picture, ever. it's ridiculous that they charge for taking photos with them. paying for an autograph on a photo or ball, i get, but not the athlete charging for taking pictures. I understand why people want their picture taken with an athlete or celebrity. Jeter probably takes credit cards.

RichardSimon
06-04-2013, 09:43 AM
I have no issue with paying for a photo op. Time is money sort of thing. But the price?? I do understand though and I guess me paying 10k for a T215 Pirate card, which I really don't care for but needed it, is even more crazy than a few hundred for a current photo. HAPPY COLLECTING everyone!!

Leon - this op used to be free, no charge, gratis. A photo op is just that an op, most people do not pay for an op. I understand inflation but to go from free to these prices is just piggish on the part of Tristar.
Bulls and bears make money, pigs go broke. An old Wall Street saying from an earlier life :).

All these pics and autographs were free and made a young boy very happy.

thenavarro
06-04-2013, 09:43 AM
. Jeter probably takes credit cards.

He has a card reader on his smartphone! Damn Yankees :)

whitehse
06-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Leon - this op used to be free, no charge, gratis. A photo op is just that an op, most people do not pay for an op. I understand inflation but to go from free to these prices is just piggish on the part of Tristar.
Bulls and bears make money, pigs go broke. An old Wall Street saying from an earlier life :).

All these pics and autographs were free and made a young boy very happy.

I am shocked Bench didnt charge you for the photo op AND a smile for the picture as well!!

RichardSimon
06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
I am shocked Bench didnt charge you for the photo op AND a smile for the picture as well!!

He made a motion with his hand, sticking up 5 fingers, but the promoter told him to stop :D:D;);)

thenavarro
06-04-2013, 10:38 AM
I understand inflation but to go from free to these prices is just piggish

I do believe the prices are a bit out of line, and, I fully realize that if me and others keep paying it, it won't change. However it hasnt meant enough to me yet to fight back with my wallet.

Im probably in the minority too when chasing autographs locally. I like free autographs as much as the next guy, but as I get older, fatter, more impatient and slower each day, it gets to where I abhor the crowds that show up for free signings down here. I'd much rather they charge a nominal amount to make the crowds go down 90 percent here. Probably has a lot to do with valueing time more and more each day, and coming to the realization that time is the one commodity we can never get back.

BTW, nice pics Rich.

Mike

Mr. Zipper
06-04-2013, 11:56 AM

This is a good point. There is only so much money to go around. The live signings are supposed to bring people into the hall so then they can later patronize the dealers. When the live signings become the primary reason for the existence of the show and a total money suck, why should any dealers rent tables?

shelly
06-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Shelly,

Yessir, paid for every one, even Ali. If I remember correctly, it was a tristar phofo op in 93 or 94 in Dallas. No, I wouldnt pay for the Big Unit, but there are a lot I would pay for, especially if my daughtet wanted to do it.

I regret not getting more photos along the way. I was too busy chasing graphd for years. Id gladly trade those graphs now for pictures with them instead

There's a ton of stuff id love to have and do in which I wouldnt givre a flying flip about "resale value" Differrent strokes for different folks.

Mike

Mike two dollars three dollars maybe five. Not 179

HRBAKER
06-04-2013, 12:41 PM
As long s there are sheep, there will be shearing

David Atkatz
06-04-2013, 04:12 PM
As long s there are sheep, there will be shearing+1

prewarsports
06-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Before I post, please note this is a PERSONAL feeling and I dont have anything against an adult politely asking for another persons autograph, or paying for it if they wish, its their money and rich guys spend $1000+ on a bottle of wine sometimes so its no big deal to me, but still weird.

As a grown man (who actively collects vintage autographs), I would never ask another man for his signature. I will take my kids to a game and help them try and get autographs of Mariners players, but thats it. Maybe its arrogant and prideful, but I feel its demeaning to me as a man to put myself at the mercy of another man and ask him for a signature. I would just feel like Oliver Twist with his bowl asking for "more". I cant tell you how annoying it is to go to ball gme with my 8 and 10 year old sons trying to get ONE autograph of a mediocre player like Dustin Ackley and the second he appears from the dugout all these grown a** men start pushing and shoving little kids to get a 23 year old young mans scribble, its demeaning and sad. TOTALLY a personal thing so if you disagree please do not take offense. I feel the same way about guys pushing people to catch fly balls at the stadium too, let it go, its a $15 ball! :)

David Atkatz
06-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Couldn't agree more strongly, Rhys. I'm not about to beg a twenty-something year old kid for his illegible scrawl.

There are only two people alive today whom, if I had the opportunity, I would ask for an autograph.

yanks12025
06-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Couldn't agree more strongly, Rhys. I'm not about to beg a twenty-something year old kid for his illegible scrawl.

There are only two people alive today whom, if I had the opportunity, I would ask for an autograph.

Who are the two David? Just curious.

David Atkatz
06-04-2013, 05:21 PM
One of them is Bob Dylan. I'm gonna keep you guessing on the other.

yanks12025
06-04-2013, 05:31 PM

Mariano rivera.

earlywynnfan
06-04-2013, 05:43 PM

I don't think people know my full name, David, so they might have trouble guessing your #2.

Ken

David Atkatz
06-04-2013, 06:53 PM
When I do finally meet you, Ken, and ask for that signature, I hope you'll use the periods!

shelly
06-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Teams, should set up a time for there players to sign. Not everyday and not every player. They should have there stars sign at least once a month and not to anyone over 12. Let the kids sell the autographs if they want but keep the adults away from the playground.:) Max of 200 kids.First come first served. Let the players earn the money the fans are paying them. It is about time the fans get something for there money.

thenavarro
06-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Teams, should set up a time for there players to sign. Not everyday and not every player. They should have there stars sign at least once a month and not to anyone over 12. Let the kids sell the autographs if they want but keep the adults away from the playground.:) Max of 200 kids.First come first served. Let the players earn the money the fans are paying them. It is about time the fans get something for there money.

The Rangers have an organized signing every Wednesday night home game. They setup four stations around the concourse and fans can choose which station they go to. Each station typically signs 150 to 200 autographs per night. You line up early and get a free autograph ticket for your station. If you have a graph ticket, you'll get a graph and depending how fast it goes, the players will sometimes sign a few for those that got there late or didn't plan ahead or just happened to wander up. The Rangers have some of these nights where it's kids only 13 and under, but management also understands that it's the adults that pay the bills, buy the season tickets, buy the concessions, et , and that adults collect as well, and on those nights it's open to all ages. it's usually 3 players and one coach, and every now and then, some of the stars will take a turn

This is usually the best night to try and get graphs from BP however, as most of the chasers are busy standing in line waiting for the organized signing.

Plus, the Rangers let season ticket holders enter the park 30 minutes before everyone else on all games, and that is by far, the best time to get graphs, you don't have to deal with all the extra people. The Rangers are an organization that "gets it" as far as I'm concerned. They've treated me and my daughter WELL and we reward that by buying tickets, going to their events, and generally spending money with them

Good times and good memories

David Atkatz
06-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Maybe they can teach the Yankees organization to stop being greedy, bloodsucking dickheads.

(And maybe pigs will fly.)

Lordstan
06-04-2013, 11:09 PM

Perhaps Stephen Hawking, if he could?

David Atkatz
06-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Nope. Hawking is very popular in the popular press--some think because he fits the stereotype of the "disembodied brain" so well. But he's not considered to be in the top echelon of twentieth-century physics by practicing physicists. He's no Einstein. Or Schrodinger. Or Pauli. Or Feynman. Or...

Lordstan
06-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Kaku?

thenavarro
06-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Maybe they can teach the Yankees organization to stop being greedy, bloodsucking dickheads.

(And maybe pigs will fly.)

Also, on Sundays after the games, all kids can run the bases, on select Saturdays, season ticket holders can play catch on the field, there's a yearly picnic where everything is comped and all the players sign that day (but you get tickets where it's the luck of the draw and you get about 5 graphs), and after the season, season ticket holders get to go to a free clinic put on by the Rangers coaches and they show you baseball skills, answer questions, and you get to be in all the facilities and use the batting cages. Wednesday nights are dollar hot dogs, every Sunday is a nice promotional giveaway like Tshirts, caps,etc and also on Sunday nine kids are selected to take the field with the Rangers and get an autographed ball right before the game starts

during the playoffs and World Series, season ticket holders get to hold the giant flag on the field for the National Anthem ( I did that on my birthday for a game in the 2011 World Series and former President Bush threw out the first pitch.) Awesome experience irregardless of politics

My family and I love the Rangers!!

David Atkatz
06-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Kaku?Now that's funny! What a pompous twit he is.

David Atkatz
06-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Also, on Sundays after the games, all kids can run the bases, on select Saturdays, season ticket holders can play catch on the field, there's a yearly picnic where everything is comped and all the players sign that day (but you get tickets where it's the luck of the draw and you get about 5 graphs), and after the season, season ticket holders get to go to a free clinic put on by the Rangers coaches and they show you baseball skills, answer questions, and you get to be in all the facilities and use the batting cages. Wednesday nights are dollar hot dogs, every Sunday is a nice promotional giveaway like Tshirts, caps,etc and also on Sunday nine kids are selected to take the field with the Rangers and get an autographed ball right before the game starts

during the playoffs and World Series, season ticket holders get to hold the giant flag on the field for the National Anthem ( I did that on my birthday for a game in the 2011 World Series and former President Bush threw out the first pitch.) Awesome experience irregardless of politics

My family and I love the Rangers!!I'm impressed, Mike. Sounds like an organization worth rooting for.

Exhibitman
06-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Wow, this thread really touched several nerves.

The photo shoot is a service. I have no gripe with anyone who wants to pay for a service offered. I personally think the 'grip and grin' costs too much for what it is.

I have never believed that the autograph guests distract collectors, though if the show is badly laid out the lines can be troublesome for dealers whose tables are blocked. With all due respect to the collectors who buy mass-produced signatures at these shows, they really aren't the customer base of vintage dealers. If I am after a Lefty O'Doul signed photo I am not going to substitute a Randy Johnson for it. Apples and oranges...

I do not have an issue with asking a celebrity for a signature in a chance encounter. One of my favorite autographs came from just such a meeting:

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/eric%20Idle.jpg

There are any number of people who I'd ask for a signature. That said, I appreciate the chance to get a signature for certain in return for a reasonable fee. Again, it is a service I am willing to pay for. Interestingly, the collectors of Star Trek, movie and comic memorabilia have a longer tradition of fee for service signings and they seem to have a better perspective on it. I've been to a number of Hollywood shows here in L.A. and the focus of many of them are the actors who are signing. I've rarely been interested in getting autographs at them but I am now regretting not getting some of the more interesting old character actors who have since passed away, like Woody Strode or Slim Pickens.

Speaking of reasonable fees, again, that is something that is a personal choice. I would like to get Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard to sign a ticket from their first fight at the National this year. Not gonna do it given the costs involved, which would kill the fun for me. That said, I have a great Tommy Hearns press kit cover that I will probably pony up and have Hearns sign while I am there.

mschwade
06-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Speaking of reasonable fees, again, that is something that is a personal choice. I would like to get Roberto Duran and Sugar Ray Leonard to sign a ticket from their first fight at the National this year. Not gonna do it given the costs involved, which would kill the fun for me. That said, I have a great Tommy Hearns press kit cover that I will probably pony up and have Hearns sign while I am there.

I paid for Mike Tyson to sign my Tyson-Douglas program, but knew being in Columbus, eventually I would run into Buster Douglas. I don't think I would have been willing to pay for both of them, but to make it complete, I thought paying for Tyson's was well worth it. I even got John Johnson (Buster's trainer) to sign near his picture on the inside of the program.

David Atkatz
06-06-2013, 12:24 PM
I do not have an issue with asking a celebrity for a signature in a chance encounter. Well, maybe it's cause I'm a New Yorker, born and bred. One runs into celebrities quite often in Manhattan, and the unwritten rule is "leave 'em alone." That's why they live here, because they can walk down the street, go to restaurants, the theater, etc. I once had a half-hour conversation with Mick Jagger (as we both waited at a riding stables), without ever acknowledging who he was--just two guys waiting in line, shootin' the shit. We New Yorkers take pride in that. It's the gawking out-of-towners who bug celebs. ;)

Runscott
06-06-2013, 12:40 PM
As a grown man (who actively collects vintage autographs), I would never ask another man for his signature. I will take my kids to a game and help them try and get autographs of Mariners players, but thats it. Maybe its arrogant and prideful, but I feel its demeaning to me as a man to put myself at the mercy of another man and ask him for a signature. I would just feel like Oliver Twist with his bowl asking for "more".

Well-said, Rhys. I feel the same way, but never really understood it until reading your post - I simply have avoided asking for autographs. The one exception was Buddy Guy back in 1997, and even then I felt creepy about doing it. I was sitting near him in a dark, empty bar (his club) and first asked the bartender if it would be okay to ask him for his autograph. He said "sure". As I approached him, one of his band members walked up at the same time, both clearly able to see me, and with me standing right in front of him, they had a long conversation and completely ignored me. I should have walked away, but I hung around, got the autograph, not a word from Buddy Guy, and I never again asked another grown man for his autograph. Very demeaning experience. That said, he's still my favorite musician.

Mr. Zipper
06-06-2013, 01:18 PM
I don't have any issues asking the old timers, historical figures, etc. for autographs. These guys are decades older than me and earned their place in history.

That said I completely agree with those who feel it is somewhat demeaning for a grown man to be asking a young kid for an autograph. I don't think I could bring myself to do it.

Ok to ask
http://www.collectspace.com/auction/lots2006/experience_lovell.jpg

Would kill me.
http://www.pinkdna.it/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Jus.jpg

Exhibitman
06-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Well, maybe it's cause I'm a New Yorker, born and bred. One runs into celebrities quite often in Manhattan, and the unwritten rule is "leave 'em alone." That's why they live here, because they can walk down the street, go to restaurants, the theater, etc. I once had a half-hour conversation with Mick Jagger (as we both waited at a riding stables), without ever acknowledging who he was--just two guys waiting in line, shootin' the shit. We New Yorkers take pride in that. It's the gawking out-of-towners who bug celebs. ;)

L.A. ain't exactly short on the star power either, but as long as I enjoy it, I see no harm in asking under the right circumstances. That said, I usually follow the same unwritten rule, but when it is someone whose work or life I really admire, I go for it. When the jerk to pleasant person ratio exceeds my tolerance I will stop. Best celebs to ask are comedians and boxers. Worst are rock stars and ballplayers. And the late Mike Wallace. I ran across him sitting in Central Park and the look on his face when he realized I recognized him, wow...I'd be instantly vaporized if looks could kill. I didn't even nod hello to him.

Scott:

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/miscellaneous4/websize/Guy_%20Buddy.jpg

Runscott
06-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Nice.

I was in Chicago for the 1997 Bluesfest, when Buddy Guy 'returned' to the festival. Can't remember if he signed my program the day before or the day after. I'll scan it if I can find it.

I've seen Buddy Guy live 4-5 times. One of the better moments was when he wandered down the aisle and serenaded the girl standing to my left.

jimjim
06-09-2013, 04:50 AM
The Rangers have an organized signing every Wednesday night home game. They setup four stations around the concourse and fans can choose which station they go to. Each station typically signs 150 to 200 autographs per night. You line up early and get a free autograph ticket for your station. If you have a graph ticket, you'll get a graph and depending how fast it goes, the players will sometimes sign a few for those that got there late or didn't plan ahead or just happened to wander up. The Rangers have some of these nights where it's kids only 13 and under, but management also understands that it's the adults that pay the bills, buy the season tickets, buy the concessions, et , and that adults collect as well, and on those nights it's open to all ages. it's usually 3 players and one coach, and every now and then, some of the stars will take a turn

This is usually the best night to try and get graphs from BP however, as most of the chasers are busy standing in line waiting for the organized signing.

Plus, the Rangers let season ticket holders enter the park 30 minutes before everyone else on all games, and that is by far, the best time to get graphs, you don't have to deal with all the extra people. The Rangers are an organization that "gets it" as far as I'm concerned. They've treated me and my daughter WELL and we reward that by buying tickets, going to their events, and generally spending money with them

Good times and good memories

I grew up in Dallas but now live in Atlanta. +1 on the above post.

The Braves on the other hand, don't get it and they never will get it. They try to be fan friendly, but when push comes to shove they just seem to botch it each and ever time. They have made it near impossible to get autographs before games, as you are banned from standing by the dugout and must go to the designated section. Who really wants to be packed together with a bunch of smelly dealer types? Yuck! And they never have public events with players, and when they used to, it was 'no autographs' like we were dealing with the POTUS. Security everywhere. Crazy. Plus it is well known that the Braves are a horrible signing team at home. Been like this for years. They are great on the road, but never touch a pen at home. Never understood that one. I mean come one Braves, who is paying the bills? The home fans or the away fans?! I have just given up on the Braves. Wish I still lived in Dallas!!

milkit1
06-09-2013, 04:01 PM
Wow, this thread really touched several nerves.

The photo shoot is a service. I have no gripe with anyone who wants to pay for a service offered. I personally think the 'grip and grin' costs too much for what it is.

I have never believed that the autograph guests distract collectors, though if the show is badly laid out the lines can be troublesome for dealers whose tables are blocked. With all due respect to the collectors who buy mass-produced signatures at these shows, they really aren't the customer base of vintage dealers. If I am after a Lefty O'Doul signed photo I am not going to substitute a Randy Johnson for it. Apples and oranges...

I do not have an issue with asking a celebrity for a signature in a chance encounter. One of my favorite autographs came from just such a meeting:

http://photos.imageevent.com/exhibitman/dropins/websize/eric%20Idle.jpg

There are any number of people who I'd ask for a signature. That said, I appreciate the chance to get a signature for certain in return for a reasonable fee. Again, it is a service I am willing to pay for. Interestingly, the collectors of Star Trek, movie and comic memorabilia have a longer tradition of fee for service signings and they seem to have a better perspective on it. I've been to a number of Hollywood shows here in L.A. and the focus of many of them are the actors who are signing. I've rarely been interested in getting autographs at them but I am now regretting not getting some of the more interesting old character actors who have since passed away, like Woody Strode or Slim Pickens.

eric idle is great in person. Ive met idle, cleese and palin and they were all very nice. Ironically Im trying to get idle again on some cards if anyone knows how to get him please let me know :)