PDA

View Full Version : Two T206 Questions In One

z28jd
05-31-2013, 02:08 PM
First question. Does anyone have a card with the name Payne up top, that isn't a Payne card. I assume the bottom card is him, I can see yellow, but want to rule out any other possibilities. Old Mill back if that helps. Second question will be in the next post because there are a lot of scans...

z28jd
05-31-2013, 02:18 PM
I collect crop mark cards, so this group of three is like finding gold to me, but it is something I've never seen before. Actually a few things I've never seen. First these cards all have crop marks on the front too, big yellow lines in the same corner as the crop mark on the back. That isn't the only thing, it's the same player with the same back and crop marks in different corners. At some point, Nattress was in the top and bottom right corners and they put marks on the front too! Plus the top crops are those reverse marks I've only seen on one other card, a Polar Bear. I have 20 other crop mark cards, 18 different players, none have the front marks like these and I've never seen the same player/back with crops in different corners...so have others seen these things? Check your Nattress cards before I buy them all! :)

z28jd
05-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Also one other question while I'm at it...what's up with the reverse crop mark? I've seen three ever, obviously more are out there, but they are rare. Not sure what exactly a half cube would be doing in the top corner. More of a printer, or even a throw an idea out there question

bn2cardz
05-31-2013, 02:31 PM
Also one other question while I'm at it...what's up with the reverse crop mark? I've seen three ever, obviously more are out there, but they are rare. Not sure what exactly a half cube would be doing in the top corner. More of a printer, or even a throw an idea out there question

That is how crop marks are typically. It helps line up the two ends for cutting but doesn't put a line into the print so that if you are off a little bit there is a line coming down or over into the final product. The crop marks my company uses doesn't meet so that if you are off there isn't a chance of even the point showing up in the final product.

t206hound
05-31-2013, 08:39 PM
First question. Does anyone have a card with the name Payne up top, that isn't a Payne card. I assume the bottom card is him, I can see yellow, but want to rule out any other possibilities. Old Mill back if that helps. Second question will be in the next post because there are a lot of scans...

I don't think there has been a two-namer identified with Payne in either position; I also don't think there's been an Old Mill two-name discovered either.

I, too, would assume that the "top frame" you see on the bottom of this card is also of Payne.

z28jd
05-31-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't think there has been a two-namer identified with Payne in either position; I also don't think there's been an Old Mill two-name discovered either.

I, too, would assume that the "top frame" you see on the bottom of this card is also of Payne.

Thanks Erick. I'd like to see if anyone has the other card, that would be cool. Possibly an Old Mill Payne with a big bottom border, miscut at the top.

I guess if anyone has an Old Mill two name, let it be known. I don't have any

mrvster
06-01-2013, 07:29 AM
I bid u up on that Payne:o sorry!! great card johnny :)

z28jd
06-01-2013, 08:22 AM
I bid u up on that Payne:o sorry!! great card johnny :)

Don't worry V, your bid didn't even register. I changed my bid literally last second to go higher. I got my bid in at the finish time according to ebay and you weren't the underbidder. I didn't know you could bid with zero seconds left, but I ended up doing it due to reconsidering my max bid. Glad I did because I wouldn't have won if I bid even a dollar less than I did

Jantz
06-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Hi z28jd

Nice Payne card!

From all the data I have collected, so far no T206s have appeared with Payne's name on another player's card. I do have a Street (port.) almost like your Payne, where only the black frame line is showing on the bottom of the card. Once the card was in-hand I louped it and could see the dark green/yellow, leading me to believe that a Street (port.) card was also underneath it. I do have a scan of a mis-cut Payne which I will post up for you below.

As far as crop lines, your Nattress is an interesting example. Sullivan also shows these same crop lines in different corners, but no yellow lines on the front. I have 3 Sullivan cards (all Piedmont backs) with crop lines on the back in two (top right & bottom right) different corners. I know of another Sullivan card with a crop line on the back in the bottom right corner. Only difference is that its a Sweet Caporal back.

The yellow lines on the front of T206s have also appeared on other player's cards. I have seen them on a Chase (blue port.) OM back and on a Willis (port.) with a Sweet Caporal back. Of these two, the Willis had the yellow line on the front and a crop line on the back also

Following on the topic of yellow front lines, I recently purchased an Anderson with a black crop line (bottom left corner) on the front of the card. I will post a picture of that with the back information for you below.

Hope this helps

Jantz

z28jd
06-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Great information Jantz! I have the Sullivan you're talking about btw(pictured below in case you save the scans for reference), and have him with the Piedmont up top, but I have never seen the same back have two different spots.

You have the Polar Bear with the reverse crop mark, correct?

Interesting that the yellow lines you mention along with mine, are three different brand backs

mrvster
06-01-2013, 11:41 AM
I also have another miscut payne....I'll look later :D