PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Peel and Belt Ball Baseballs in current Legendary auction

terjung
05-29-2013, 06:57 AM
There is a single lot of old lemon peel baseballs in the current Legendary auction. Most of them are exceptionally old (if you are to take Legendary's word for it) and date from the 1830s,1840s, and 1850s.

http://www.legendaryauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=156119&searchby=0&searchvalue=None&page=0&sortby=0&displayby=2&lotsperpage=100&category=107&seo=Historic-1830s-to-1910s-Collection-of-Baseballs-Spanning-80-Years-

They also have a deadball era baseball in that lot that they date to 1917. I actually think it is an 1918-19 ball instead of 1917, but that's not a major issue to me. Anyway, I'm interested in that 1918 ball, but don't have a desire to chase the lemon peel and other 19th century balls. Since it seemed to me like the deadball era ball kinda stuck out from that lot, I figured that I'd ask if anybody here is going after them and wouldn't mind partnering with me for that single ball.

Please PM me if you are interested. Thanks!

Brian

perezfan
05-29-2013, 10:02 AM
You might want to post this inquiry on the Memorabilia side, as they have frequent discussions on early baseballs, and perhaps a greater interest over there (for a lot of this type). I agree that the 1917-19 Ball is an "oddball", and the winning bidder night indeed consider it dispensible.

I was interested in this lot, but it has already reached the limit of what I was willing to pay. You might have better luck (and a few more responses) by posting over there.

Hope this is helpful and best of luck!