PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions: To Add or Leave As Is

mschwade
05-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Huge Cleveland Browns fan here, and yes, heart was ripped out of me in 1995. As we all know, the Browns haven't been the same since they left for Baltimore. I didn't really have anything from the 1995 Browns team in my collection, so I've been looking recently for something to purchase. I found a football with 20 signatures signed during the 1995 Training Camp, including Art Modell's. Four of the signatures were of guys that wouldn't even make the opening day roster.

My question is, do I try to add other guys that were on the season roster now? Do I leave it as is. Would it be worth less to have signatures from 1995 and 2013 signatures of guys that played on the 1995 team? Thanks as always for your opinions.

Lordstan
05-26-2013, 11:26 AM
Matt,
Personal choice.
If it were my team, I would probably try to complete it.
From a monetary standpoint, if I could find a similar pen to what was used, I would add anybody missing to it. I think having a complete team would add value monetarily. This would be even more true if any of the stars of the team or coaching staff were the ones missing.
If I couldn't find the same pen, I think I might leave it alone. While complete, If most are in blue sharpie and a few later on are in black, it would look a little less pretty and could(not will, but could effect resaleability).
Best,
Mark

shelly
05-26-2013, 11:32 AM
I have been a Brown's fan since I went to camp in Hiram Ohio.
If I had a football with Art Model's name on it. I would punt into the river and see if I could set it on fire.:D

Lordstan
05-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Or...you could do that instead!

mschwade
05-26-2013, 11:51 AM
LOL... I'm over the whole Modell thing just like I'm over the whole LeBron thing. Tired of using those two as crutches and would like to see the Browns or Cavs win a title depsite those two.

Mark - luckily, all are in black sharpie. Unfortunately, one of the starters, Eric Turner has left us and he is not on the football already :( So completing it will be impossible. Bad news and (Good news) is, there are plenty of great names not on it: Bill Belichick, Nick Saban, Vinny Testaverde, Ernest Byner, Leroy Hoard, Andre Rison, Carl Banks, Pepper Johnson, Antonio Langham, Stevon Moore, Gerald Dixon, and Anthony Pleasant. So I could have a little fun trying to add those names.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Matt

shelly
05-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Or...you could do that instead!

What did that mean. I have been a browns fan for of sixty six years. I have suffered for a long time. I think the way Model handled it was a scam on the public. 75,000 people every year and he took a hike. James, played out his contract an moved not a problem.

Lordstan
05-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Matt,
I tend to be a completist, so I say go for it. Plus, it seems like a lot of big names are missing, so I think the value of the ball would be enhanced by adding many of those signatures.
Good Luck,
Mark

Lordstan
05-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Shelly,
It was a joke. Obviously, not a good one.
I am a Giants fan, so Art Modell doesn't mean squat to me, but I agree with you. Moving the team like that was a disgrace.
Best,
Mark

What did that mean. I have been a browns fan for of sixty years. I think the way Model handled it was a scam on the public. 75,000 people every year and he took a hike. James, played out his contract an moved not a problem.

Addendum:
BTW Shelly, I have no sympathy for your suffering as your team was responsible for some significant suffering to my Giants in the late 50s to early 60's. I wasn't there to see it in person, but I had to hear all the stories from my dad. : D

mschwade
05-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Matt,
I tend to be a completist, so I say go for it. Plus, it seems like a lot of big names are missing, so I think the value of the ball would be enhanced by adding many of those signatures.
Good Luck,
Mark

Thanks Mark, I'm going to go for it!

travrosty
05-26-2013, 01:13 PM
since it is from 1995 it is no big deal to add more signatures to it.

earlywynnfan
05-26-2013, 01:37 PM
What did that mean. I have been a browns fan for of sixty six years. I have suffered for a long time. I think the way Model handled it was a scam on the public. 75,000 people every year and he took a hike. James, played out his contract an moved not a problem.

What Modell did was indefensible, but don't let Mike White off the hook, either. He lied to Modell and nobody seems to care. Yes, they got tons of fans, but the city gov't didn't treat the Browns very well.

shelly
05-26-2013, 08:25 PM
What Modell did was indefensible, but don't let Mike White off the hook, either. He lied to Modell and nobody seems to care. Yes, they got tons of fans, but the city gov't didn't treat the Browns very well.

Bottom line let the public be srewed. :mad: