PDA

View Full Version : future HOF umps and execs

theshleps
05-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Which execs and umps, etc do you think have the best chance of making the HOF over the next decade?
How about negro leaguers too

David W
05-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Tony LaRussa and Joe Torre are mortal locks.

travrosty
05-27-2013, 12:13 AM
i think marvin miller as an exec will make it.

HRBAKER
05-27-2013, 07:40 AM
Tony LaRussa and Joe Torre are mortal locks.

...as is Bobby Cox.

novakjr
05-27-2013, 10:15 AM
As far as managers go. Given the nature of "the curse", two titles for Francona might be enough to put him in. If he somehow manages to end the Cleveland title drought as well, I'd say he's an absolute lock..

Executive wise. I almost think Billy Beane may have a shot, due to the moneyball factor..

I'd put Theo in the same boat as Francona. Two titles to end the curse, with a chance to end another drought for the Cubbies.. Theo's probably also got the fact that he was only 28 when first given the Sox GM position going for him..

Given the trend of commissioners being enshrined, I think most Commissioners have a good chance as well..

Umpires. Hmmm... We could look at the number of world series' that they worked... Charles Rigler worked 10. William Summers worked 8. Bill Dineen worke 7. Ernest Quigley, Babe Pinelli, Jim Honochick and Ed Montague have worked 6. Randy Marsh has worked 5 and is the current director..

Bruce Froemming was an umpire for 37 years. One of only 2 men to umpire over 5,000 games.(Bill Klem was the other)..

For active guys Derryl Cousins, Joe West, Tim Mclelland and Gerry Davis(I believe) are all over 4,000 games worked..