PDA

View Full Version : lemon peel just purchased

khkco4bls
05-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Guys, i value your opinions on this ball. it looks great. Any thoughts. Does anyone know the seller. Please help. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Lemon-Peel-Baseball-Mint-condition-/190845238947?ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:US:1123

perezfan
05-24-2013, 10:25 AM
Looks steller.... perhaps just a tad larger than most, but that likely means that it is a more recent example. Probably one of the later true Lemon Peels, and looks to be in wonderful condition as well...

Nice pickup!

thecatspajamas
05-24-2013, 11:05 AM
While I can't speak with any certainty about the ball itself, I have sold to (and recently bought from) Tom on several occasions, all without incident or issue. I believe he recently liquidated a number of his vintage ball acquisitions, the lemon peel ball being one of them. I could speculate as to why (moving on to other areas of collecting?), but whatever the case, hope to have opportunity to do business with him again as he has always been a pleasure to deal with.

I believe he is also a member here (hi Tom), though I don't know how frequently he checks the boards.

prewarsports
05-24-2013, 11:14 AM
I am not saying anything about that seller at all, or that ball in particular as I would never stick my neck out over something I cant see in person, but I have long speculated that people were "making" vintage baseballs with old materials and unless that thing was bought and never used for 140 years I would definately have it examined to make sure its genuine. Just be safe and have it looked at.

khkco4bls
05-24-2013, 11:26 AM
Understood, but is someone going to all the trouble to do an inside seam ball. Who do u have to verify its real. He says no problem with me sending it back if it doesn't check out. Looks real to me.

BrandonG
05-24-2013, 01:06 PM
I've examined many Lemon Peel balls, and even have x-ray capability. Do I need to start advertising more or what? :D

See signature link below
|
|
|
|
V

steve B
05-24-2013, 02:57 PM
I've examined many Lemon Peel balls, and even have x-ray capability. Do I need to start advertising more or what? :D

See signature link below
|
|
|
|
V

Wow, what sort of equipment do you use for the Xray? I know my vet has a digital one, but just assumed it was a very expensive bit of equipment.

I'm hoping it's expensive, my list of equipment I want is long enough already.

Steve B

thecatspajamas
05-24-2013, 03:03 PM

LOLOLOLOL

Brandon, that has got to be the most delicate offer to x-ray men's balls ever uttered by anyone outside the medical profession :p

I understand there are a couple of new baseball guides coming out right before the National with some ad space available. Maybe you could advertise in there ;)

BrandonG
05-24-2013, 03:37 PM
LOLOLOLOL

Brandon, that has got to be the most delicate offer to x-ray men's balls ever uttered by anyone outside the medical profession :p

I understand there are a couple of new baseball guides coming out right before the National with some ad space available. Maybe you could advertise in there ;)

Hahaha!

My ex girlfriend from 8 years ago, and still good friend is a Veterinarian. I get to use her digital x-ray machine. Not sure if the Fiance likes it or not, but it is what it is!

prewarsports
05-24-2013, 06:32 PM
SOOOOOO many potential ball jokes available here, so little time......

Rhys

BigJJ
05-24-2013, 08:35 PM
:)