PDA

View Full Version : Way OT / ebay - low feedback buyers...odd

EvilKing00
05-23-2013, 04:14 AM
I put a kids slide up on ebay, and quickly have a few guys bidding on it but the odd thing is all 5 bidders have feedback under 5. I have never done a "pick up only" auction before and also never seen an auction with every bidder so far with feedback like this, lol

peterose4hof
05-23-2013, 07:06 AM
In my experience when you sell something off the wall, that wouldn't normally sell on Ebay, you get a lot of low feedback buyers. I once sold a $10K boat to a buyer with less than 10 feedback. I was nervous at first, but the person was incredibly easy to deal with and paid almost immediately.

drc
05-23-2013, 11:06 AM
My 70-something mom has an eBay account and buys something on it perhaps every other month-- stuff she needs-- so she'd the type. Reputable buyer with low feedback. I think the last thing she bought was solar powered walkway lights for her garden. She's not a collector, so will never get a feedback of 100. She uses amazon the same way.

Bocabirdman
05-23-2013, 11:15 AM
My 70-something mom has an eBay account and buys something on it perhaps every other month-- stuff she needs-- so she'd the type. Reputable buyer with low feedback. I think the last thing she bought was solar powered walkway lights for her garden. She's not a collector, so will never get a feedback of 100. She uses amazon the same way.

How true, as collectors, our feedback totals soar. I think mine just passed 1500 and have never sold on the Bay. We forget that 50 transactions outside of the collector's world would be a feat.:eek:

EvilKing00
05-23-2013, 11:30 AM
thanks for the replies, just hoping the winning bidder will pay and pick up the slide, and be happy lol.

I dealt with 2 low feedback buyers ever.

1 was a guy with feedback of 1 who bought a Barry Bonds rookie card, 1987 topps, (picture and all the text explaining the card, in the listing) when he got it he said it wasn't a rookie card and gave me bad feedback for giving him a 1986 card and it wasn't a rookie. He was reading the last year of stats on the back.

Another was same kind of story, lol