PDA

View Full Version : Local Collectors Clubs?

vrechek
05-22-2013, 01:25 PM
I am doing a Sports Collectors Digest article on not-for-profit card collectors clubs that are still operating. I have identified the following clubs and they have supplied me with information: Twin Cities Sports Collectors Club (est 1976), Washington State Sports Collectors Association (1973), Wisconsin Sports Collectors Association (1975), and a recently-revived Southern California Sports Collectors Club.

Do any of you know of any other clubs that are not-for-profit, have been in existence for awhile, and run shows involving collectors? e.g. Greater Boston Sports Collectors Club (1985)? If so, I would appreciate any information as to who to contact with any other clubs.
George Vrechek

steve B
05-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Greater Boston Sports Collectors Club hasn't been officially non-profit for a number of years. If I recall it correctly the state made them switch from a registered non-profit corporation to a for profit. Just why I never could figure out, since most of out billion dollar hospitals are officially non-profit.

I was a member from I think 89 or so till a couple years ago. I couldn't make the meetings, and just let it lapse.
Last time I went, it was still a nice active club, and usually had a talk by a former player at each meeting.

Steve B