PDA

View Full Version : History of the Baseball Official Baseball Guides!

BrandonG
05-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Well guys, it's not the book yet, but after hundreds and hundreds of emails, requests, phone calls, and complaints from collectors, authenticators, auction houses, and baseball fans, I am finally releasing two Magazine "Almanac" style baseball guides. History of the Baseball's Official National League Baseball Guide and History of the Baseball's Official American League Baseball Guide. These guides will be between 65-75 pages and will be more dedicated to direct information on the baseballs, less stories and more of a collectors information guide.

The guides will be released prior to the 2013 National, and we're expecting mid-July for full distribution. The reason for this thread is to notify you collectors and business owners that there is still advertising space available in the guides. We have already sold full page advertising to some very large auction houses, authenticators, and some other memorabilia stores. This is your chance to get in the guide, that will be distributed not only on a National level, but an international as well, and a guide that will be collected and treasured for years. The advertising obviously helps us pay for printing and distributing.

The following links will take you to a preview of the guides, so you can get a better understanding of what they are, as well as full details of where the guides will be sold:

National League - www.historyofthebaseball.com/guides/nl
American League - www.historyofthebaseball.com/guides/al

I appreciate all of the support you've given me the last few years, and I'm excited to get this guide into your hands. If you know any companies that may be interested in advertising, please forward them my information. I can be reached directly at: info@historyofthebaseball.com

Thanks, I look forward to getting the guides finished full of info and advertisements this month!

thecatspajamas
05-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Can't wait to finally hold these in my hands (which you know, as I'm sure at least of 100 of those e-mails came from me :o ). They really do look great, and personally, the "less stories and more of a collectors information guide" angle suits me just fine. Especially since it means we get to see them sooner! :D

dtp717
05-21-2013, 01:19 AM
Those look great, Brandon. Can't wait to get mine.

GKreindler
05-21-2013, 06:12 AM
Mazel tov, Brandon. Can't wait to get my copies, too!

Hot Springs Bathers
05-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Brandon they look great, I love the 1920s Spalding Guide type covers!

Shoeless Moe
05-21-2013, 08:02 AM
Awesome!!!!

BrandonG
05-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks a lot guys, I'm excited to finally get some info out to the public! Mike, I'm glad you recognized the design, I was going for that old Spalding guide look!

BigJJ
05-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Awesome

horzverti
05-21-2013, 11:15 AM
deleted message

BrandonG
05-21-2013, 11:54 AM
i know what i'll be reading tonight!

Can we call you the other mr. Baseball?...maybe not, the acronym would be tomb....and that is not great.

Baseball guy it is!

Thanks for all of your work baseball guy. :d

Haha! I'll start growing my Tom Selleck stash!

BrandonG
05-22-2013, 06:26 PM
I didn't specify above, but advertising deadlines will be the second week of June, as we plan to have the guide printed and distributed before the National. And if you're still interested in advertising, call soon, space is filling up!

cliftons8
05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Brandon,
Will you be publishing guides for other leagues in the future? Do you authenticate other league baseballs?
Thanks,
Mike

BrandonG
05-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Brandon,
Will you be publishing guides for other leagues in the future? Do you authenticate other league baseballs?
Thanks,
Mike

Mike, depending on how these guides do, there will definitely be additional guides made, examples would be minor league, misc. brands, World series, Commemorative, etc. So let's get the word out!

slidekellyslide
05-24-2013, 10:02 AM
A minor league guide would be awesome!

BrandonG
06-03-2013, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone, just giving a last call for ad space, thank you to those who have purchased space and contributed to the guides. There are a few spots left. Please email or call if you'd like to join in!

info@historyofthebaseball.com

murphusa
07-29-2013, 02:58 PM
I buy and read newspapers that I don't agree with
I go to events that have speaker that I don't agree with
I buy magazines and other items that may not follow my way of thinking but by reading, going to, whatever, it helps me become better and gives me knowledge

I do not agree with what Brandon did

I purchased his history of baseball books because I can gain knowledge from them and I did in the first 5 minutes of looking at them

They are very well done

brandoningram
07-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Cant wait for mine to get up here to Canada! Just waiting on the bobsleigh to handoff to the dogsled...
These will help out a bunch with the dating of my own balls and future purchases.
Thanks Brando!

thecatspajamas
07-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Just got these in the mail today. Very well done, beautiful full-color photography throughout, detailed explanations of the year-to-year changes and evolution of the balls, and they even include photos of the boxes that each ball came in! Something this comprehensive has long been needed, and these have a spot waiting for them on my reference shelf (after I flip through the photos a couple more times).

Well done, Brandon, and I hope that you sell out of the copies you're taking to The National. I'll wait until you get back home to start hounding you to finish the full book now. You've earned a reprieve :p

Leon
07-29-2013, 08:07 PM
I got mine in the mail today too. Wow. Very well made and researched. It will no doubt be used as a reference for me, and the rest of the hobby, for many years to come. Congratulations and thanks again.

slidekellyslide
07-30-2013, 08:01 AM
Those look great...I'm waiting for the minor league guide, but may have to pick up the AL and NL books just for the photos and good read.