PDA

View Full Version : Roger Neufeldt

sb1
05-20-2013, 04:14 PM
Does anybody have Roger Neufeldt's cell number(don't post it)?? He lives in Moore, Oklahoma which was severely damaged by the tornado this afternoon. I believe he lives east of I35 and may have missed the brunt of it.

If you do have it, can you try and contact him or PM me with it.

sb1
05-20-2013, 05:05 PM
I just talked to him and they are 100% ok, but awaiting more storms, they do a have a shelter and have the entire family at the ready to take cover if needed.

barrysloate
05-20-2013, 05:30 PM
It's about the worst devastation I've ever seen, really heartbreaking.

HRBAKER
05-20-2013, 05:40 PM
This weather is unreal. It was flat scary here in Kansas yesterday.
My heart goes out to all of those impacted. Like Barry, this is about the worst I remember seeing since Xenia in the 70's but this was in a much more populated area.

Jay Wolt
05-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Horrible to see the footage, glad Roger is OK!

Leon
05-20-2013, 06:28 PM
It's been a fairly bad last few months all over the US, especially in the southwest. Absolutely heartbreaking. Thoughts and prayers go out to those affected. And yes, was glad to hear Roger is ok. He's one of the good guys.

slidekellyslide
05-20-2013, 06:47 PM
It's about the worst devastation I've ever seen, really heartbreaking.

Hopefully not as bad as Joplin, Missouri two years ago.

Mrvintage
05-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Guys I live on the north side of OKC which is about 20 miles north of Moore and I can tell you that the damage is pretty breathtaking. Please keep all of the families and especially the kids in your thoughts. Thanks, Andy

Kenny Cole
05-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Its awful. I live in Norman and work in OKC. Moore is in between and the tornado hit about 5 miles north of my house. It took me 4 1/2 hours to get home because all the streets are blocked off due to downed power lines. Two schools hit, they're saying maybe 40 kids dead at one. Really bad.

Tim Kindler
05-20-2013, 09:35 PM
My family and I said some prayers for those devastated by these storms. We prayed for the mercy of the weather for all those who have had to encounter such terrible weather occurances, and those who might encounter such storms in the near future. I live in Fort Wayne, Indiana, but grew up in Moore off of 4th street and Whispering Oaks, a few miles Northeast of where Plaza Towers is. We played many games involving other kids from there. I don't know if my old high school, Moore High School, was affected this time. (Go Lions!) It will be a tough night of sleep thinking about anyone that I may have known is suffering at this time. I used to ride my bike clear down 4th street to Western Ave, and head north into OKC to visit Roger and his family owned business at Sports Memories. I'm relieved to hear that he and his family are doing well.
Tim Kindler

Kenny Cole
05-20-2013, 09:38 PM
Moore High is OK. Drove by it this afternoon (and then turned around) while I was trying to get to Norman. Lots of debris from the damage to the west, not much damage to the school. I don't think SouthMoore was as lucky.

Tim Kindler
05-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Kenny, Thanks.
Unfortunately, I know how destructive these storms can be, but it sounds like even those hardened Sooners who have experienced these kinds of storms in the past are talking about how unrealisticaly devistating this one is. I have been going through images on the internet all evening trying to pinpoint places I remember, but just as it is to those of you are actually there, it is very difficult to tell just about anything....just devestation! Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and all those in that area.
Thanks Kenny, Go Tigers (Norman) too!

Tim Kindler

Wite3
05-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Glad to hear that Roger and Kenny are alright...both sprang to mind this afternoon when I started to hear and see the news. Hope any other OK collectors and dealers out there are O.K. as well.

Joshua

Leon
05-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Moore High is OK. Drove by it this afternoon (and then turned around) while I was trying to get to Norman. Lots of debris from the damage to the west, not much damage to the school. I don't think SouthMoore was as lucky.

Glad to hear you and your family are ok, Kenny.

Kenny Cole
05-21-2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks guys. We were very fortunate. Best,

Kenny

nolemmings
05-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Very sorry to hear what has happened to our friends in Oklahoma. Glad to hear that those I know are all right, but really feel for those who were not so fortunate. I know they're very resilient folk there, having to dig out from these things fairly regularly, so I'll continue to pray for their strength.

Roger is a grade A guy to the bone--fair to deal with and easy to talk to about anything. I don't know him as well as many here, but can say I wish we had a bushel more like him in the hobby.

BradH
05-21-2013, 09:48 AM
Roger is a grade A guy to the bone--fair to deal with and easy to talk to about anything. I don't know him as well as many here, but can say I wish we had a bushel more like him in the hobby.

I had a text exchange with Roger yesterday afternoon and, as stated above, he and his family were getting along okay.

For those of you in the Atlanta area who know Roger, he is still planning on making his annual Spring trip through here in a couple weeks (June 7-9). For those who don't know him, you should - he's a true gem and one of my favorite people in this hobby.

HRBAKER
05-21-2013, 11:22 AM
Very sorry to hear what has happened to our friends in Oklahoma. Glad to hear that those I know are all right, but really feel for those who were not so fortunate. I know they're very resilient folk there, having to dig out from these things fairly regularly, so I'll continue to pray for their strength.

Top Shelf in every way.
+1

Exhibitman
05-22-2013, 06:53 AM
Glad to hear our OK members and friends are OK. On the bright side, Roger's got a heck of a story to tell at Chicago this year.