PDA

View Full Version : Info on Pop Report Issues, Here in One Place

GregMitch34
05-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Much has been said about this scattered about so I thought I would ask key questions here to get best expert facts in one place. This seems to be an increasingly key issue as more t206 people seem to base collecting of certain issues on the pop report numbers. So here goes. Note: This does not take up separate issue of good cards that have never been graded.

1) When exactly did PSA and SGC starting breaking out the t206 backs on pop reports? I've seen references to everything from four years to 10 years. Surely this can be nailed down.

2) Did they always keep track internally but not break out for public, and then added to pop numbers when they did go public? For example, with very rare backs? Or did they literally never track that at all. Also: If they now see a card with back they haven't listed up for sale somewhere do they ever go in and add to pop report?

3) PSA lists number of cards with no back info so you can get some idea of what is not in pop reports. I don't see that with SGC. Does that exist?

4) Despite warnings that "highest graded" might very well not be "highest graded" how often does it seem that unlisted higher graded cards turn up? Seems like it does not deter many people.

Feel free to raise any other facts. Thanks.

Tao_Moko
05-19-2013, 07:02 AM
Good idea to consolidate this topic. The only real input I have for those relying on pop reports is that it could help if those of us who remove cards from slabs, turn that information back in to the tpg(a high percentage can be found on this forum). I think actually sending an image of the label, copy of the label or something to ensure it was actually busted out would be necessary. It doesn't fix the pop report problem, but it does add another layer of accuracy to it.

steve B
05-19-2013, 09:36 AM
I think SGC tracked brands nearly from the start. What they didn't track was the poses, so earlier ones won't indicate wether it's a portrait or action pose.
For example My O'Leary portrait is the highest graded SC 350 portrait at 80, but there isan 88 available online from before they tracked the poses, and an 84 with an unknown pose.

There are a handful of T206s in their pop report that are listed very oddly, including 12 with a player name of "*" ( 2 hindus, 1 polar bear, 1 Sovereign "holding bat", 7 sweet caporal and 1 Broadleaf) I'm not sure what's up witht those, maybe test items that never got removed?

I'm pretty sure there are typos as well. I just can't believe there are 10 T210s that graded 100:eek: If I'm wrong about that I'd really love to see one of them.

I'm not familiar enough with PSA.

Steve B

GregMitch34
05-20-2013, 09:02 AM
Any more answers to my questions, gentlemen? Seems like important ones in this day and age.