PDA

View Full Version : 1887 Champions D Moran Mug

4scuda
05-18-2013, 04:51 PM
An antique dealer I know showed me this mug at the setup for an antique show I am doing. He wants information about it...I have not seen one before. I originally thought it was Pat Moran since it says CBBC which I thought would stand for chicago base ball club. However Pat Moran wasn't playing in 1887 and Chicago weren't the champions in 1887. Then I noticed it was D Moran. I can't find a record of D Moran on MLB.com. I pulled out my 1911 edition of Spaldings Base ball book and started to look, when I thought it would be much easier to ask you guys. This is a Dealer that has it, so he is going to sell it but is scared to put a price on it. I've told him if he prices it to let me have first crack, but of course he really just wants me to tell him how much its worth, which is annoying,but I guess I do the same thing on the forum from time to time. I am willing to broker this if someone is an interested buyer. I am not a buyer for it myself. He paid a good bit, but i would guess it is worth more. It great looking item hopefully, I can help someone obtain it. Send me a private message if interested.

baseball tourist
05-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Shaving cup?

gnaz01
05-18-2013, 08:26 PM
PM sent