PDA

View Full Version : Wool Basketball jerseys?

Runscott
05-17-2013, 08:43 AM
I have access to a couple of what appear to be wool basketball jerseys - they are very thick, which is odd. I don't have pics, but they are made just like a running singlet, and have all the visual characteristics of a basketball jersey (number or team name), but are heavy wool :confused: Both are Lowe & Campbell, circa 1935-50. Anyone know what these might be?

Also included with these was a pair of what look to be basketball shorts, with padding sewn into each hip.

I'll try to make it back out to the shop that has them, and get some pics. Any thoughts as to what the jerseys might be, are appreciated.

perezfan
05-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Need to see pics, in order to really help you. Could be track, wrestling, or somethng else. But heavier wool material would be completely in-line for the time period. I don't collect Basketball specifically, but have numerous wool baseball and football uniforms from that era.

So no real surprise if these are indeed Basketball jerseys...

khkco4bls
05-17-2013, 03:20 PM
Scott go to april pickups page 1 . That is a basketball uni I just picked up. Is it like that.

Runscott
05-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Scott go to april pickups page 1 . That is a basketball uni I just picked up. Is it like that.

Thanks Mark, Kevin.

Kevin - those pants are a perfect match. The jerseys also look very similar.

Think I'll go buy them in the morning.