PDA

View Full Version : Question:Storage of Vintage Autographed Ball

koufax1fan
05-17-2013, 07:17 AM
I recently purchased a team autographed ball and placed it in a new UV protected ball cube.
However when storing, I noticed that the sides of the baseball are rubbing against the ball cube. Will this over time damage the autographs? Thanks for any help and advice.
Phil

cubsfan-budman
05-17-2013, 07:50 AM
this is a good question and i'm looking forward to seeing what others say...

i do the same as you, but where the ball touches the cube, i rotate the ball so that the stitches are in contact with the cube and not the auto.

mr2686
05-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Phil, it's probably not much of a problem, I mean it's gonna touch something so that it's sitting in the cube. If you mean it's also touching the sides, I would say that maybe it's not a good brand of cube. I just got a couple of Ultra Pros for balls that are sitting on a shelf outside of my larger cases and they have more than enough room. It's always better to play safe than sorry in my opinion.

Mr. Zipper
05-17-2013, 09:14 AM
This is why I use Ultra Pro UV ball cubes. The Ultra Pros are big enough where there is a tiny bit of clearance and the ball will not touch the sides. Most other brands squeeze the ball a bit. Over the years, I have seen a number of baseballs that developed small "flat marks" where the ball was in contact with the side of the cube.

dapro
05-17-2013, 10:14 AM
I put all my balls in the Ultra Pro UV cube as well.

koufax1fan
05-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Thanks very much for everyone's help.. I greatly appreciate it!
Phil

shelly
05-17-2013, 10:58 AM
I wrap mine in uv shrink wrap. You can take it out of the cube hold it and show it off without damage. I have done that for years. I have done that to all my UDA balls because they come in that bag.