PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Exact Year of Issue: 3 More 1970s/?-80s Clay/Ali Cards

Box-Cards
05-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Moving along plugging in individual years for the record, help is needed with these 3 Clay-Ali cards. First two are from Mexico, the other from Germany.

Both of the Mexican issues were seller described as '70s. The second one with Ali-arms raised (stated size about 2" x 3-1/3rd"), the size and claim its a "circa 1970" is all I have to go on... possible help with not only its actual year but proper name/ title or series, and who issued it, would be great.

First card is a cardboard Mexican blank-back: #4 "Ediciones Deportivas."

The last German one is by Hitscler Gum and appears to be numbered "20." It may even have been a wrapper rather than an actual card (?). Leland's put two of them up in the past in separate auctions describing them as cards; first listing it "circa 1960s" and much later as simply "post-1964."

I seem once to remember believing it was instead issued in the 1980s but can't find any notes written down that support that. Anyone who can help?

Thanks...

Box-Cards
05-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Meant to include this with the others likewise seeking assistance:

Leland had it as: Heavy cardboard, circa 1970s, game card. Question is...
When in the '70s? What (board/triva/?) game, and who issued it?

It drives me wacky when people put stuff up but don't fill in the blanks.
Also from now on, in the future, anytime I post images they'll be laid out first so they don't look like they're from the Land of the Giants like those above. To me it is more enjoyable to see the entire image within one's screen instead of having to scroll down and see it in sections. I'm just getting the hang of it.

Box-Cards
05-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Thought I'd post those first 3 cards again so they all fit together in one view.