PDA

View Full Version : can't see best offer price on ebay anymore?

chaddurbin
05-14-2013, 08:58 PM
seems like ebay blocked the runaround of changing the .com part to .ca or au. is there another way of seeing what the accepted prices are?

CardTarget
05-14-2013, 09:01 PM
It was also in the page source as a javascript variable.... but you really have to know what you're looking for (and be able to dicipher a page source).

HRBAKER
05-14-2013, 09:03 PM
It was also in the page source as a javascript variable.... but you really have to know what you're looking for (and be able to dicipher a page source).

That sounds like too much fun to me.

bobbyw8469
05-14-2013, 09:10 PM
What a crock of crap.....Noone will now know how much off the bloated high BIN prices that some sellers took. It will make VCP useless as far as BIN's go.

t206hound
05-14-2013, 09:39 PM
If you use the iPhone app, it still shows the best offer price when searching for sold items.

itjclarke
05-14-2013, 10:09 PM
If you use the iPhone app, it still shows the best offer price when searching for sold items.

Sweet! thanks for posting, will download

ADDING: .ca still worked for me just now

h2oya311
05-15-2013, 04:33 AM
For vintage graded cards, you can get the best offer price on vintagecardprices.com . I noticed that they somehow have that info stored on their site.

Not sure how, but they do perhaps using one of the methods above. This includes recent Best Offers too (at least as recent as early May).

jimivintage
05-15-2013, 06:20 AM
Yup, my iPad EBAY app still shows it. That's a good thing and a bad thing, depending if you are the winner of the card or not. :)

itjclarke
05-15-2013, 12:28 PM
.ca still works for me no problem.

chaddurbin
05-15-2013, 12:34 PM

curiously it's back...just worked for me also on a couple items that didn't work a couple days ago.

t206hound
05-15-2013, 12:35 PM

not for me...

Gmrson
05-15-2013, 12:37 PM

Still working on my work computer using IE7

t206hound
05-15-2013, 12:39 PM
but the iPhone app shows it:

t206hound
05-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Still working on my work computer using IE7

interesting... at my work location firefox doesn't show it, but chrome and ie do. Even more interesting (as someone pointed out), is that there is javascript code on the page that references the accepted offer price.

itjclarke
05-15-2013, 02:31 PM
interesting... at my work location firefox doesn't show it, but chrome and ie do. Even more interesting (as someone pointed out), is that there is javascript code on the page that references the accepted offer price.

I'm working on my work Dell, using Explorer and it seems to have never stopped working... that said, per prior threads, it seems clear eBay has been screwing around with user interfaces and that different people may end up using different versions of their site at the same time. Maybe Erick is in one of those screwy moments where his eBay browser differs from our's... and that version blocks the .ca trick.

Per these varying user interfaces, I know the way I've selected "completed listings" has had at least 3 different variations over the past few months... sometimes it's right there on the left side as a check box, sometimes it's on top as a "sold listings" tab, sometime it's on the left but in a hidden menu.

itjclarke
05-27-2013, 04:18 PM
Since posting last, .ca stopped working for me, but .fr did for a few more days... until yesterday. Now none seem to work (co.uk, .ca, .fr, etc) on my PC using Explorer 7.

Still waiting for the BIN OBO item I was watching to appear in "completed listings" on the iPhone ap to see whether it works there or not.

How's it working/not working for anyone else?

auggiedoggy
05-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Since posting last, .ca stopped working for me, but .fr did for a few more days... until yesterday. Now none seem to work (co.uk, .ca, .fr, etc) on my PC using Explorer 7.

Still waiting for the BIN OBO item I was watching to appear in "completed listings" on the iPhone ap to see whether it works there or not.

How's it working/not working for anyone else?

If I change the eBay link to .fr it still works. I tried this a minute ago.

itjclarke
05-27-2013, 05:40 PM
If I change the eBay link to .fr it still works. I tried this a minute ago.

Weird, I get a crazy disclaimer message in French (all red/bold font) when trying .fr... for .com/.ca/co.uk it just doesn't show the price. But I guess it all evens out, because when .ca stopped working for others, it continued working for me. All so weirdly inconsistent:confused:

ADDING: mobile aps both worked... seems like only remaining loophole but I'm guessing they'll close that up as soon as they're able.

auggiedoggy
05-27-2013, 10:03 PM
But I guess it all evens out, because when .ca stopped working for others, it continued working for me. All so weirdly inconsistent:confused:

Now *that* is weird!

Sean1125
05-27-2013, 10:09 PM
".in" works for me.