PDA

View Full Version : PSA & UD joe louis autograph atrocity

travrosty
05-11-2013, 06:55 PM
Here is the worst autographed card of all time, not only did they butcher this joe louis autograph so it doesnt fit on the card, it is the famous Joe Louis "underwater" card. such an unbelievable joe louis signature that someone once said it must have been signed underwater. it was PSA approved. a laughable signature that was a signed cut at one time, offered by a big seller, and it found its way onto this ridiculous card.

when is this craziness ever going to end? these authentication & card companies should be ashamed of themselves.

toybulldog
05-11-2013, 11:23 PM
A redisguised worthless forgery yours for only $6,000?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-UPPER-DECK-MASTER-COLLECTION-MICHAEL-JORDAN-JOE-LOUIS-CUT-AUTO-SIGNED-1-1-/360636059481?pt=US_Basketball&hash=item53f7958f59

RichardSimon
05-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Hey, it is a 1/1, what do you expect?? :D:D.
I know where you can get a T. Roosevelt for $8000 and it is only a 1/3.
Where does this absurdity stop?

travrosty
05-12-2013, 08:01 AM
for 6000 you think you would get a real joe louis autograph, but i guess that would cost you 12000.

cubsfan-budman
05-12-2013, 08:38 AM
the fact that they couldnt even bother to center the cut is pathetic. i guess we should be thankful its a fake.

shelly
05-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Does it show the back to say who authenticated it.

thecatspajamas
05-12-2013, 10:30 AM
I know this isn't the point of this thread, but is there actually any connection between Michael Jordan and Joe Louis that makes them a "historic duo?" Authenticity aside, their combination on one card seems odd to me, unless there's something I'm overlooking (as is frequently the case :p )

Jay Wolt
05-12-2013, 10:32 AM
The 2 Joe Louis sigs look different, the "J' in Joe does not look the same.

Lordstan
05-12-2013, 10:44 AM
They look the same to me. I think the way they cut the sig to fit the card gives the appearance of being different at first glance. You can't mistake the double "L." Was he drunk when it was written?

shelly
05-12-2013, 10:45 AM
I know this isn't the point of this thread, but is there actually any connection between Michael Jordan and Joe Louis that makes them a "historic duo?" Authenticity aside, their combination on one card seems odd to me, unless there's something I'm overlooking (as is frequently the case :p )

Hey upperdeck did Ali and Jordan. Two great black atheletes. Didn't they also do Jordan,Ali and Woods.

travrosty
05-12-2013, 11:06 AM

chicago was both their adopted home town that they played for or fought from.

that's about it.

Mr. Zipper
05-12-2013, 11:29 AM

I was wondering the same thing. Purely manufactured and absurd.

HRBAKER
05-12-2013, 11:31 AM
In Upper Deck's attempt to stay relevant absent major league licenses, it's only going to get worse.

shelly
05-12-2013, 11:54 AM
chicago was both their adopted home town that they played for or fought from.

that's about it.

You really dont think it was because they where because they are black. What about Tony Zale and Jordan?

travrosty
05-12-2013, 02:24 PM
could be but tony zale not as famous as joe louis, jordan, louis, icons.

tony zale, great boxer not icon.

RichardSimon
05-12-2013, 02:34 PM
In Upper Deck's attempt to stay relevant absent major league licenses, it's only going to get worse.

Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings?
John Wilkes Booth and Abraham Lincoln?
Carl Mays and Ray Chapman?
Elizabeth Taylor and whoever? (they can do about 7 different ones I think)
Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky?

thecatspajamas
05-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Two great black atheletes.

That was my first thought, but was hesitant to go there... :o

travrosty
05-12-2013, 05:25 PM
That was my first thought, but was hesitant to go there... :o

it could be. they had jordan sign the card, the other is a cut, so they probably put a list together of all the great deceased athletes they could use cuts of, the greats. maybe all black, maybe not, i guess we will see.

travis

shelly
05-12-2013, 09:38 PM
it could be. they had jordan sign the card, the other is a cut, so they probably put a list together of all the great deceased athletes they could use cuts of, the greats. maybe all black, maybe not, i guess we will see.

travis

Are you kidding me. This about being black. They have Ali, Jordan and Wood's
Where is Jaxk Nickalus.