PDA

View Full Version : Slightly O/T: Pacific NW Flea Market @ Packwood

conor912
05-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Anyone been? If so, any pre-warbaseball/memorabilia dealers I should look out for?

caramelcard
05-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Conor,

Have not been up there. Packwood's pretty far from Seattle. Let me know how it is.

Are you coming to the June card show in Shoreline?

Rob

rainier2004
05-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Conor-

Never been to ole packwood huh? I used to live just outside of there in the National Park and have been to a few of the flea markets...never seen a single card. Lots of food and other wares but no cards.

conor912
05-11-2013, 12:49 AM
Conor,

Have not been up there. Packwood's pretty far from Seattle. Let me know how it is.

Are you coming to the June card show in Shoreline?

Rob

Yeah, it's pretty far. We're making a weekend of it and will fit in some Mt. Rainier hiking. Looking forward to the Shorline, though between my recent board purchases and the spring auction season, it may just be window shopping but the time the show rolls around.

conor912
05-11-2013, 12:51 AM
Conor-

Never been to ole packwood huh? I used to live just outside of there in the National Park and have been to a few of the flea markets...never seen a single card. Lots of food and other wares but no cards.

Good to know, Steven. I won't get my hopes up. I was, however, inspired but some of the "how do you display your collection" threads here so I'll be on the lookout for some interesting storage/furniture options.

rainier2004
05-11-2013, 05:41 AM
Yeah, it's pretty far. We're making a weekend of it and will fit in some Mt. Rainier hiking. Looking forward to the Shorline, though between my recent board purchases and the spring auction season, it may just be window shopping but the time the show rolls around.

Id encourage hiking as much as possible, but also be forewarned that the majority of hikes within the park are completely under snow this time of year (100% of the trails with views of the mountain will be under snow) and the road to sunrise will also be closed. You will be near the grove of the patriarchs which is very accessible and worth the time. Silver falls is another popular trail outta the ohanapecosh campground - both trails should be snow free. It is a fun show with some very interesting vendors...I remember the food best.