PDA

View Full Version : T206 Pro Mold Screwdown

sevans1979
05-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Hello everyone.

I bought some Pro Mold T206 screwdown's for my very slow but growing T206 collection. Not sure if I like them or not. They seem to slide a bit even thou I have it screwed down all the way. I have some T206 penny sleeve/toploader's but like the look of the screwdowns better. I am thinking of using the penny sleeve in conjunction with the screwdown however I am affraid of the cards sticking. My question is, What do you guys prefer for your ungraded T206? Toploader? Card Saver?

Thank you for your time!

Leon
05-09-2013, 08:23 PM
I do toploader and penny sleeve for all of my raw cards.

brob28
05-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I'm a top loader and penny sleeve guy also.

Paul S
05-09-2013, 08:37 PM
I do toploader and penny sleeve for all of my raw cards.

I do the same. And if you (not youse, Leon or Bill :)) plan to "grow" a T206 set with screwdowns you will find that your bank account will shrink in equivalence to your storage space.

sevans1979
05-09-2013, 09:07 PM
T206 Penny sleeve and toploader it is :)

Cardboard Junkie
05-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Yup, penny sleeves, and top loaders for raw. psa for graded:). Dave

npa589
05-09-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm a penny-sleeve-in-9-pocket-pages-guy.

Tao_Moko
05-09-2013, 09:53 PM
They look great in a 20 card sheet where you can flip through a binder. I'm also a fan of semi rigid but you have to know how to get them in and out without creasing the top or depressing it when inserting. I don't buy super high condition cards so I'm less picky and prefer to view them easily. Some collectors cringe when they see my Cobbs or Plank in a binder but they look great and I can enjoy them.

bbcard1
05-10-2013, 06:14 AM
My way of doing things....whole set in two small photo boxes. I actually put card and holder in regular top load and then put both in a team set bag.

steve B
05-10-2013, 06:30 AM
My way of doing things....whole set in two small photo boxes. I actually put card and holder in regular top load and then put both in a team set bag.

I only have one of them, but these are much nicer looking in hand than in the picture.

Steve B

frankbmd
05-10-2013, 07:10 AM
Have never purchased a ProMold but was given some by a member. Thanks again Luke.

I use them for display purposes with the cards lying flat. I use a penny sleeve inside which helps with the cards shifting, but does not eliminate the problem. Cards stored vertically or shifted around a lot will slide around a bit which is a negative.

For my digital files, scanning a raw card in a ProMold can create the look of a graded card when they are formatted the same way. I sort of like that. I've added a few examples.

For storing a large number of cards and schlepping them around, the ProMold is not the best option.

deadballfreaK
05-11-2013, 01:00 AM
Funny that I should find this thread. Not two hours ago I was admiring a screw down lucite holder containing three E107s including Plank which is a fairly important card. I knew there was a little slippage in there. Then I dropped the damn thing in the floor and to my surprise the center card Eddie Murphy slid halfway out of the holder. One more bounce and the card would have been creased or torn in two. Luckily no damage but I am through with screwdowns I think. I've been thinking of grading my E107s and that seems to be wise now just for protection. Not like I'm going to fill an album full of them anyway.

frankbmd
05-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Funny that I should find this thread. Not two hours ago I was admiring a screw down lucite holder containing three E107s including Plank which is a fairly important card. I knew there was a little slippage in there. Then I dropped the damn thing in the floor and to my surprise the center card Eddie Murphy slid halfway out of the holder. One more bounce and the card would have been creased or torn in two. Luckily no damage but I am through with screwdowns I think. I've been thinking of grading my E107s and that seems to be wise now just for protection. Not like I'm going to fill an album full of them anyway.

I usually don't become violent with my collection but, ................

for cards that I enjoy dropping or throwing, I prefer the Beckett holder.:eek:

Be thirsty, my friend.

Paul S
05-11-2013, 10:03 AM
That's the problem with single-screw screwdowns. Four-screw screwdowns are second only to Beckett as weapons in some parts of the world.

triwak
05-11-2013, 03:31 PM
I've had very good luck with this company's 4-screw holders:

http://www.bcwsupplies.com/

Edited to add, that they apparently also carry the Pro-mold products. But I've always just used their own (BCW) models. No sliding issues.