PDA

View Full Version : Need help

conor912
05-07-2013, 11:45 PM
I need opinions and I know you guys are full of them. I have ended up with two T3 Leaches. I had one and then had the opportunity to buy another one with the intention of keeping the one I liked best. The only problem being that I have stared at them for an hour and have come to the conclusion that they both have an equal number of pros and cons. Both are numerically graded, one by PSA and the other by SGC. I don't want to skew opinions with revealing their grades.

For me, the PSA has better corners but has several little blemishes (namely the printer dot to the right of his left wrist and the brown crud on the right yellow border). The SGC has slightly better color but has the black dot on the bottom and the left to right mark between his legs (although was apparently not downgraded for being "marked").

I don't want or need both and would rather free up the cash. Yes, i know its my decision, and one of semantics at that, but just wondering what you all think since I really do like them both the same.

deadballfreaK
05-08-2013, 12:23 AM
Helluva problem.

Cardboard Junkie
05-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Tuff call! How about the backs? At first I liked the top card, but the bottom card has overall stronger corners. If you have others, lay them out ..one might "mesh" better with the overall looks of your set. I think if one of them had a much worse back than the other, it would be the deciding factor. Dave:)

Gradedcardman
05-08-2013, 12:35 AM
Seems to have cleaner image.

williamcohon
05-08-2013, 12:59 AM
I agree. The upper example is vivid.

EvilKing00
05-08-2013, 03:56 AM
tuff call here, I would go with the SGC cause the PSA has the stain to the right side there, on the front. I think the stain to the right side just makes the call for me. The SGC is more eye appealing, IMO

jimivintage
05-08-2013, 05:39 AM
How about you keep the top one and send me the bottom one? :D

t206blogcom
05-08-2013, 06:59 AM
If it were me, I'd keep the top despite the softer corners because I feel overall it presents better. Good luck with your decision!

AMBST95
05-08-2013, 07:03 AM
I like the top one as well. The beauty of the T3 is that a dinged up corner just looks like an old worn frame holding a large image. The image in the SGC looks better to my eyes. Barring any back problems, I'd pick the SGC and sell the PSA.

SushiX37
05-08-2013, 07:22 AM
The PSA graded one looks better to me.

Rich

npa589
05-08-2013, 07:28 AM
I would keep neither and buy a Cubs T3, but, if you must keep a Pirate, I'd keep the top one (or left one, depending on how 'zoomed' your browser is). The spots on the top one are not as much on the actual image as they are on the bottom example.

T205 GB
05-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Top one looks better

conor912
05-08-2013, 08:56 AM
I had a feeling it would lean that way, and I suppose I don't disagree. Thanks for showing me the light, guys. I just slapped the PSA one up on the BST if anyone's interested.