PDA

View Full Version : How can this T206 be in fair condition it looks great!!!

Zone91
05-07-2013, 04:29 AM
1909-1911 T206 Christy Mathewson HOF Portrait SGC 20

Ebay Item number: 121092629010

Am I missing something I know it is stamped on the back but otherwise the back looks great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121092629010?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2F i.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D1210926 29010%26_rdc%3D1

Sean
05-07-2013, 05:53 AM
That is by far the nicest 1.5 I've ever seen. If you're thinking that you can get a great card cheap,be aware that he is charging much more that a 1.5 is worth. So in the end you will be buying the card not the holder, but you will also be paying for the card, not the holder.

Zone91
05-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Sean

No I am not interested in the card just blows my mind that it is graded a 1.5.

glynparson
05-07-2013, 05:55 AM
very tiny spec of paper loss. One of those cards where the eye appeal exceeds the technical grade. There are many cards out there like this particularly in T206 and Old Judge. Frequently these cards will sell for far more than a card with the typical eye appeal of such a low grade card.

RGold
05-07-2013, 05:57 AM
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man ... a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge.

This is the dimension of imagination. You unlock this door with the key of imagination. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Zone 91. :eek::eek::eek:

Zone91
05-07-2013, 05:59 AM
RGold

What the heck are you talking about....hahahaha....I thought I was nuts!!!:D I guess me and you take our medications at different times in the day...lollll!!!

Peter_Spaeth
05-07-2013, 06:00 AM
LOL too funny.

Eric72
05-07-2013, 06:10 AM
Agreed...that was hilarious. :)

Zone91
05-07-2013, 06:58 AM
The X-Files theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQoRXhS7vlU

I just received season 1 to 9 on DVD had last seen them years and years ago...love watching at night!!!

iwantitiwinit
05-07-2013, 07:04 AM
People have different opinions on cards that have been "inked" or marked. Personally, I wouldn't pay anything substancial for this card and all its above-intrinsic value has been sucked out due to the back stamp. That said I agree the seller is looking for a relatively high price for it.

iwantitiwinit
05-07-2013, 07:06 AM
One last point what the heck are you doing up at 4:30 am putting comments on this board, you are way more into things than I am. Assuming EST.

Zone91
05-07-2013, 07:09 AM
iwantitiwinit

When summer is almost near and it nice and warm and sunny outside I rather wake up early and enjoy the most of it as I possible can. The weather here sucks 7 months (October-April) a year and the nice weather just started last week. Yes I am on Eastern time. I am also on vacation for the next few months since the work I do is threw the local university and the classes end in May...I usually only start back in September. I do not like working the summer semester because they over work you way to much since they are way shorter. I work overtime in the winter months to compensate.

I will most likely go fishing later today at my friends cottage and have a BBQ....hmmmm ribs with home made sweet potato french fries!!! We can listen to the baseball game on the radio on his boat when there is a afternoon game I mean.

EvilKing00
05-07-2013, 07:43 AM
wow even with the stamp, I would say that's a sgc 40 at least

auggiedoggy
05-08-2013, 02:57 PM
iwantitiwinit

When summer is almost near and it nice and warm and sunny outside I rather wake up early and enjoy the most of it as I possible can. The weather here sucks 7 months (October-April) a year and the nice weather just started last week. Yes I am on Eastern time. I am also on vacation for the next few months since the work I do is threw the local university and the classes end in May...I usually only start back in September. I do not like working the summer semester because they over work you way to much since they are way shorter. I work overtime in the winter months to compensate.

I will most likely go fishing later today at my friends cottage and have a BBQ....hmmmm ribs with home made sweet potato french fries!!! We can listen to the baseball game on the radio on his boat when there is a afternoon game I mean.

I hear ya! Here in Ottawa we've had summer-like temps for a couple weeks now. But I'm glued to the TV watching the Stanley Cup playoffs each night. So this is what being a hockey fan in LA must feel like. :rolleyes:

Zone91
05-08-2013, 04:47 PM
auggiedoggy

Yeah I understand you every evening I watch at least one of the hockey games....mostly Ottawa betting the crap out of my Montreal Canadians...ah well my grandmother is a HUGE Sens fan so I am some what OK with it!!! I have also always loved the Pittsburgh Penguins (since 1989) so keeping a eye on those games also....oh yes and the Detroit Red Wings as well.

Wymers Auction
05-17-2013, 03:33 PM
Sean

No I am not interested in the card just blows my mind that it is graded a 1.5.
I think cards like this can present some bargains for those who really like a clean front, but cannot afford them.