PDA

View Full Version : New Collector here

jeffmohler
05-06-2013, 08:29 PM
Hello everyone

I have been an occasional contributor over on the card board, but I thought I would take a minute and introduce myself since I have been lurking on the autograph side for a couple of months.

I collected autographs TTM as a teenager (45 yrs old now). I got Greenberg, Gehringer, Coveleski, Joe Wood, Joe Sewell, as well as a number of others TTM. Sadly, I sold almost all of them 20 years ago.

I have always been a collector of something - stamps, coins, autographs, cards...

Lately though I have enjoyed picking up a few George Burke signed photos. I tend to like inscriptions. The more writing, the better in my opinion.

I have also been picking up some 3x5s of players in the Goudey Wide Pens and National Chicle Fine Pens, which I collect on the card side.

So far I have been buying from Jim Stinson on ebay pretty much exclusively. It sure is a shame he left the board - he got me as a customer by being a contributor on the board.

I hope to participate on the board occasionally, although I don't have anywhere near the level of experience many of you have.

Jeff Mohler

ATP
05-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Hello Jeff, welcome and thanks for the intro. I, like you, love the inscription and added handwriting factor in autographs....it's gives one more to look at.

HOF Auto Rookies
05-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Welcome! I'm the same, more writing the better. I like more ink from their hand writing