PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: 1983 TCMA 50 Years Yankee All Stars

CMFSports
05-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Hi. I have a question about the 1983 TCMA 50 Years of Yankee All Stars. It appears this set has been reprinted over the years or there were multiple printings at the time of issue. If anyone could provide details on the set (i.e. the reason for the differences in the cards, etc.) it would be greatly appreciated. I hope I've posted this in the correct forum and, if not, please let me know where the best place for my question would be. Thank you for any assistance that can be provided.

Regards,

Christian M. Fink

http://photos.sportscollectors.net/227158.jpg

Zach Wheat
05-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Welcome. This is the correct forum. Unfortunately i can't answere your question. Al R. would probably be one of the better candidates to answere it. he is a frequent poster here. If he does not answer shortly, you can email or IM him from his other posts in the Post-War or in this forum.

His handle is ALR-Bishop. Good luck.

MWheat

CMFSports
05-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Thank you very much for the information. If he doesn't post a reply I will reach out for him. Thanks again.

Chris

jdud99
02-16-2014, 04:46 AM
Are all of the cards in your 1983 TCMA 50 years of all Stars autographed, like the three you posted. I am interested in the Mantle #26

ALR-bishop
02-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Zach--I have never collected this set...even though they have a Cardinals set too :).SCD lists it as a 50 card set with nominal value, but the pictures in the Catalog show no autos. Not does it mentions separate printings. Christian what makes you think there were, difference in the fronts and backs of some of the same cards ? SCD also lists a second Yankees set of 56 issued the same year, 1936-1939 Yankee Dynasty, that features some of the same players