PDA

View Full Version : Jim Stinson

shelly
05-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Couldn't agree more. This forum suddenly got far less important.
Ken, why?

Deertick
05-03-2013, 08:44 PM
Couldn't agree more. This forum suddenly got far less important.
Ken, why?

Errr....OK. :confused:

Leon
05-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Errr....OK. :confused:

Agreed. People come and go all of the time. Hopefully Jim (hi Jim) will come back and start posting again. This forum is bigger than any one person, me included. Jim is a great guy and very knowledgeable. When and if he wants to come back, the light will be on. I hope he does come back. Some of his stories are great. One thing is for sure though. More people will come and more people will go.

frankbmd
05-04-2013, 07:44 AM
More people will come and more people will go.

And of course there will always be some who don't know whether they are coming or going.:D

Autograph experts are a dime a dozen, but jesters are priceless.;)

Done here, back to my cards.

travrosty
05-04-2013, 08:37 AM
I already miss jim,

the wrong people left. I'd make a 14 player trade for Jim to get him back.

mr2686
05-04-2013, 10:01 AM
I already miss jim,

the wrong people left. I'd make a 14 player trade for Jim to get him back.

+1

gnaz01
05-04-2013, 11:02 AM
Did I miss something?? Why did Jim leave, he adds soooooooo much to the board (and I am being VERY serious!!!!)

Greg

JimStinson
05-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Geez its not like I died ....:)
I promise this will be my last post and WON'T be like a Freddie Kruger Movie where he keeps coming back, AGAIN , AND AGAIN AND AGAIN :)

But instead of throwing up my hands in frustration a few days ago I probably should have explained myself

First ...kudos to Leon for the open forum because like it or not its the best way to do it, and everyone should be free to express their opinions openly and free of censorship.

There is an old story about the running back JIM BROWN , During a game in an attempt to tackle him...Brown bit the finger of a member of the defense right down to the bone. When interviewed about it after the game Brown said matter of factly

"Everything OUTSIDE the mask belongs to HIM, Everything INSIDE the mask belongs to ME"

So since almost everything discussed on the forum are outside issues that "Don't belong to me" , I found that whatever I said or TRIED to say just seemed to create controversy or worse ...upset people. It IS possible to agree with someone sometimes and disagree with them at other times.

There are ALOT of Good and very knowledgeable people on this board. I have opinions just like everyone else but when I voice my opinions in a public forum I open them up for debate and scrutiny. Like my old friend the late George Sanders (Who literally wrote the book on autographs) used to tell me
"Jim, If you don't have anything good to say about the hobby of autograph collecting don't say anything"

So I will close with this .....authenticating autographs is NOT rocket science , Collecting autographs IS a fun hobby and almost all of the people I've ever come in contact with either in person or otherwise ARE good people and I've made some fast friendships that have endured for over half my life as a result of it.
The very last thing I want to do is go "Outside" the mask (As Jim Brown would say) and make enemies when I have no dog in the fight as there is absolutely nothing to be gained by it. Cheers and best wishes in all your collecting pursuits.

jimjim
05-04-2013, 03:32 PM
This is a big ole bummer. Jim is a great guy and his knowledge of the hobby far surpasses anybody I have every met, and anybody on this board that 'thinks' they know what they are doing.

Hankphenom
05-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Agreed. People come and go all of the time. Hopefully Jim (hi Jim) will come back and start posting again. This forum is bigger than any one person, me included. Jim is a great guy and very knowledgeable. When and if he wants to come back, the light will be on. I hope he does come back. Some of his stories are great. One thing is for sure though. More people will come and more people will go.

Yes, but sad to see a good one go, nonetheless.

old13man
05-04-2013, 05:48 PM
He was extremely beneficial to the forum and will be missed!

mr2686
05-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Geez its not like I died ....:)

You will be soon, you're very ill! :D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFXGwHsD_A

travrosty
05-06-2013, 12:38 PM
i miss jim's humorous stories, they always had a twist. he had lots of boxing stories, boxers are very unpredictable, most are very accomodating and pleasant to be around, but they have quirks to be sure.

and yes, i am aware jim is not deceased.

:) everyone have a great day!