PDA

View Full Version : LAPD Baseball Team

Scott1soldier
05-03-2013, 03:46 PM
I'm a Los Angeles Police Officer and Manager of our LAPD Baseball Team. We have been playing competitive baseball dating as far back as 1887 or further. I'm seeking memorabilia, photos, articles, etc. related to LAPD. in the late 1800's we were called the Police Nine. Later we were called LA Police or LAPD. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Our history is precious and great stories about our team are yet to be told! I have articles dating back to 1887, but photos and memorabilia would be the key! Thank you in advance for any assistance.The Police Officers that played back then and now would be honored!

Leon
05-04-2013, 01:10 PM
I appreciate you putting this in the correct, BST space, Scott, but I moved it here to try to get you some more eyes on your request. Good luck in the hunt.

thecatspajamas
05-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Leon, the same intro paragraph was posted in several different areas on the boards, including here on the Memorabilia side (with the title "LAPD Baseball Historic Memorabilia").

Leon
05-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Leon, the same intro paragraph was posted in several different areas on the boards, including here on the Memorabilia side (with the title "LAPD Baseball Historic Memorabilia").

woops....oh well, not hurting anything.....

Exhibitman
05-05-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't have anything but as an L.A. resident I'd really be interested to see what you find. Good luck.