PDA

View Full Version : OT: My first National!

HOF Auto Rookies
05-03-2013, 07:46 AM
Well, I am very excited to say that I'm going to my first ever National!!! My dad and I are doing a father son trip (we try to take one every year that focuses on baseball) so I cannot wait! He's the one who kept bugging me while growing up to collect the vintage cards and not the shiny ones :)

I look forward to finally meeting hopefully most of you, and possibly pick up some great items along the way!

- Brent

BruceWayne
05-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Well, I am very excited to say that I'm going to my first ever National!!! My dad and I are doing a father son trip (we try to take one every year that focuses on baseball) so I cannot wait! He's the one who kept bugging me while growing up to collect the vintage cards and not the shiny ones :)

I look forward to finally meeting hopefully most of you, and possibly pick up some great items along the way!
Hello Brent,

Nice to hear you will be attending and I think it's wonderful that it will be a father/son outing.

Please feel free to come by the Goldin Auctions booth and say hello. A number of us will be there and we are always delighted to meet people from various online forums in person.

HOF Auto Rookies
05-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Hello Brent,

Nice to hear you will be attending and I think it's wonderful that it will be a father/son outing.

Please feel free to come by the Goldin Auctions booth and say hello. A number of us will be there and we are always delighted to meet people from various online forums in person.

I certainly will! I enjoy the auctions you guys have.

Zone91
05-03-2013, 02:35 PM
That is very very cool....I would love to have my dad back (passed away) and be able to do things like that....cherish the moment (s)!!!!:)

Take some pictures and share them here would love to see some!!!

HOF Auto Rookies
05-03-2013, 03:17 PM
That is very very cool....I would love to have my dad back (passed away) and be able to do things like that....cherish the moment (s)!!!!:)

Take some pictures and share them here would love to see some!!!

I certainly will Adrian, really excited to get smoe autographs and see some amazing items. We went to old Yankee Stadium a few years ago because I HAD to see the place where all the greats played, was an amazing experience.

mrvster
05-04-2013, 05:18 AM
++1!!;)

I am in the same boat.....

I remember my dad and I going to Collingswood auction in New Jersey as a kid.....He bought me a complete set of 82' Topps that my mom gave us money for the boys that day...I was always into collecting cards before that, but those days were so memorable to me..We would go on Saturday's and Id buy the 80's baseball crap:)......well, as you know those cards are really not worth much now, but I still have that 82 Topps set and it is priceless to me;)

I lost Dad to a massive heartattack in 1993 when I was in college(we were fighting at the time).......

As you know I LOVE my T206 Scrap/Freaks and rarities, but ID GIVE THEM ALL UP to have dad back, even the '82 Topps set....or just to tell him I loved him:(

enjoy the show with your dad and cherish every moment, trust me;)

HOF Auto Rookies
05-07-2013, 11:39 AM
++1!!;)

I am in the same boat.....

I remember my dad and I going to Collingswood auction in New Jersey as a kid.....He bought me a complete set of 82' Topps that my mom gave us money for the boys that day...I was always into collecting cards before that, but those days were so memorable to me..We would go on Saturday's and Id buy the 80's baseball crap:)......well, as you know those cards are really not worth much now, but I still have that 82 Topps set and it is priceless to me;)

I lost Dad to a massive heartattack in 1993 when I was in college(we were fighting at the time).......

As you know I LOVE my T206 Scrap/Freaks and rarities, but ID GIVE THEM ALL UP to have dad back, even the '82 Topps set....or just to tell him I loved him:(

enjoy the show with your dad and cherish every moment, trust me;)

Thank you, and I will!

Exhibitman
05-07-2013, 02:20 PM
Bring good walking shoes...

HOF Auto Rookies
05-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Bring good walking shoes...

Will crocs suffice :cool:

Gmrson
05-07-2013, 08:08 PM

I've never worn those, but they don't look like they would be comfortable for 8 hours or so.

If you search The National on here I'm sure you'll find some great "survival" tips plus I'm sure some more information will pop up on the forums or any questions you may have will be happily answered.

Enjoy your 1st National! I'll bet it becomes a good addiction. I remember my 1st one in 1981...my mom let me attend a few days. I still remember a couple of cool Brooks Robinson oddball purchases and was even on the Detroit evening news looking through pages of cards. The show has come a long way since then!

CardTarget
05-07-2013, 08:38 PM
The floor at the national is basically like walking on concrete (well, it is concrete). Better to have tennis shoes of some kind.

murcerfan
05-07-2013, 09:25 PM
yeah...croks look like something hippies or democrats or people who don't own guns wear.

teetwoohsix
05-07-2013, 10:56 PM

I think last year there were some people wearing what I learned were called "skorts" (or something like that?). Do I have that right? Maybe someone has a picture of "skorts"?

Sincerely, Clayton

P.S. Have a blast at the National !!!

Taxman
05-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Bring an ipad or tablet and want list written down. Also backpack with a drink and snacks. Hope to see you at the Net54 dinner.

Leon
05-08-2013, 09:43 AM
yeah...croks look like something hippies or democrats or people who don't own guns wear.

I wear Crocs every day. I am not who you describe though. :) (though I don't own guns)