PDA

View Full Version : ebay will always side with the buyer

ullmandds
04-29-2013, 05:16 PM
i have had a kind of similar thing happen to me in the past...where a buyer bid and won my item without reading the description. She then complained that the item was not as she thought...even though in my description I clearly stated the condition of the item. Needless to say I refunded her her $$$$...let her keep the item as I did not want it and did not want to pay return shipping...and moved on.

nolemmings
04-29-2013, 05:19 PM
extemporaneous posting Pete?

nolemmings
04-29-2013, 05:20 PM
My feet hurt--is that how this works?

Leon
04-29-2013, 05:21 PM
extemporaneous posting Pete?

I think he meant to post in Larry's thread. If so I can wipe this one out.....if not, then we need Kreskin.

nolemmings
04-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Geez Leon, if you wipe it out, do I lose three off my post count?

Paul S
04-29-2013, 05:27 PM
I think he meant to post in Larry's thread. If so I can wipe this one out.....if not, then we need Kreskin.

You kidding? I just learned how to spell extemporaneous :)

slidekellyslide
04-29-2013, 05:56 PM
You can just merge it with Larry's thread and all of the postings will thread their way into that one according to the times that each reply was posted.

ullmandds
04-29-2013, 06:02 PM
damn?!?! how the heck did this happen?!?! it was supposed to be in larry's thread!??!?!?! I'm a moron!:eek:

travrosty
04-29-2013, 08:14 PM
i have had a kind of similar thing happen to me in the past...where a buyer bid and won my item without reading the description. She then complained that the item was not as she thought...even though in my description I clearly stated the condition of the item. Needless to say I refunded her her $$$$...let her keep the item as I did not want it and did not want to pay return shipping...and moved on.

i had a clear listing for a coat with the description that it had a small tear in it that could be fixed with a patch. the buyer bought the item, then claimed they didnt see the description. i complained that it was there plain as day and I WON! i did not have to refund, so the buyer does not always win.

Gradedcardman
04-29-2013, 08:35 PM
I have had 4 claims in the last 6 months of items not received. During the process of judge and jury, I showed delivery confirmation and eBay sided the correct way with me as the seller.

auggiedoggy
04-29-2013, 08:55 PM

Probably this thread is worthy on its own merit. No need to merge in with the other one IMHO.

This topic is a gripe I'm sure many of us have with eBay. When I decided to begin selling off half my collection in 2012, I suddenly became a seller. With the higher volume of sales transactions I can sympathize with the full-time eBay sellers. So far, only 1 returned card (which took longer than the time I normally allow for returns) and 1 non-payer so I can't really complain. I do see how slanted things are toward the buyer. While I agree that the buyer needs protection from unscrupulous sellers, who is protecting the seller?