PDA

View Full Version : T206 Lavender, Providenufl

z28jd
04-27-2013, 02:34 PM
Figured I'd show off this card and see if any other people have cards with caption errors. Doesn't have to be T206. I chased one of these down for as long as I've known it existed and ended up getting a beauty. SGC50, looks nicer but has a couple tiny stains on the back that knocked the grade down

z28jd
04-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Might as well add the only other one I have...though this one is missing letters, while the other has the wrong letters

mrvster
04-28-2013, 01:48 PM
saw the card today!!wild!

I have 4 hemphills like your Griffy...i' ll post later

z28jd
04-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Got a better scan for the archives

teetwoohsix
04-30-2013, 01:54 AM
Another very cool caption error on the Lavender. I did see your Griffith on the great article you wrote that was posted on T206Resource, that's another cool card.

I haven't been lucky enough to come across one of these caption errors yet, but I do look for things like this.....great stuff, thanks for posting!

Sincerely, Clayton

mrvster
04-30-2013, 04:56 AM
you do find 'em:D

z28jd
04-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Another very cool caption error on the Lavender. I did see your Griffith on the great article you wrote that was posted on T206Resource, that's another cool card.

I haven't been lucky enough to come across one of these caption errors yet, but I do look for things like this.....great stuff, thanks for posting!

Sincerely, Clayton

Thanks Clayton. I'm always looking for something different with the cards. I like the crop mark cards and usually you can get them cheap because people don't mention them in the listing. So I'm always looking at cards to find deals and this one caught my eye. I have a couple cool cards coming this week, I'll show off on here

z28jd
11-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Just got my fourth one of these today. Unfortunately I don't have decent scans of the second and third ones I bought and won't be able to add them for awhile, but here is the fourth.

I've seen a progression of the name getting worse. One I was slightly late bidding on, the name wasn't quite as bad, but I've only seen one of those and now four where the name looks like "PROVIDENUFL"

Rich Falvo
11-07-2017, 04:43 AM
Cool stuff. What backs are on those cards?

I went back and checked all of my Lavenders and none of mine look like that.

iwantitiwinit
11-07-2017, 05:12 AM
Might as well add the only other one I have...though this one is missing letters, while the other has the wrong letters

I have several Ewing's with letters halved as the plate has chipped in a similar manner to your Griffith.

T206Collector
11-07-2017, 06:04 AM
Great thread — any time you can make T206 collectors dive into their pile of cards looking for different things like this is a great success. 106-108 years later!

z28jd
11-07-2017, 06:23 AM
Cool stuff. What backs are on those cards?

I went back and checked all of my Lavenders and none of mine look like that.

The two I know about right now are both Piedmont. Won't be able to check the other two until after the holidays