PDA

View Full Version : T206 double name with "Wagner, Pittsburg" @ the top

t206fix
04-23-2013, 04:02 PM
No, I don't have one of these cards but with all the talk and offerings on the BST for t206s with double names, it got me thinking.

What would be the value of a card discovered of some common or hof t206 player with a double name - the one on the bottom is the standard name, however the name on top being the popular yet hard to find - "Wagner, Pittsburg"? Has this card ever been found (I'm guessing not, but maybe...)? What would this say about the printing set up of t206s? Is it even a possibility? How much would it be worth?

T205 GB
04-23-2013, 04:05 PM
1/2 what a Wags in the cards condition would sell for.

Craig M
04-23-2013, 07:38 PM
Nice topic Tony!

I am on the hunt also and have narowed it down to looking at Sweet Caporal 150 Factory's 25 and 30 since I think that all Piedmont Wags cards were hand-cut.

While you are on your hunt; do not just look for a double namer miscut but make sure you are also looking for (miscut neighbors) where you could match up the uniform and background color. Finding a neighbor card could be very profitable also.

"Happy Hunting"

Craig

npa589
04-23-2013, 08:06 PM
I've thought of this as well...nice thread idea.

Simply guesswork, but I think it would be substantial. If I had to "narrow" it down, I would guess in the 75-100k range, and anything more would depend on substantial the miscut is...