PDA

View Full Version : Sovereign 460: No Respect?

GregMitch34
04-21-2013, 01:12 PM
I've seen charts here that list these as equal in scarcity to Cycles. Yet the prices they get seem a good deal less. True? And is it just because Sovereigns in general not that rare so it carries over? That seems to happen with Old Mills also--some non-SLers quite scarce with that back but because Old Mills in general not scarce it carries over....

Blitzu
04-21-2013, 01:50 PM
They get a lot less love than they deserve. I think minus the red Hindu and broadleaf 460, most high series get little recognition. The AB 460 is quite rare, but even those good for reasonable prices. IMHO, brown Hindus, drums, and cycles are over priced.

In consideration of population rarity, I would rate the following as most disrespected for prices:

-Uzit
-Carolina brights
-broadleaf 350
-AB 460
-SC 460 fact 25
-Sov 460
-EPDG
-OM SL

Here is my most overpriced list:

-Drum
-Hindu (brown)
-Pied 42
-Cycle 460
-Tolstoi
-OM
-Cycle 350
-SOV green apple
-AB no frame
-Polar Bear

My fair pricing:

-AB frame
-Lenox
-Blank
-all other Peid and SC's
-red Hindu

**** this list is completely all based on my personal opinion. I left a few of the super rare off the list because they will never fall in any of those categories.

mrvster
04-21-2013, 04:02 PM
+1....

my only few takes...

pied 42, ab 350 nf, blank, lenox to underrated:).....move bl 350 to fair priced.....

mrvster
04-21-2013, 04:04 PM
I have 22 more to go on the 460's so shhhhhhhhhh;)

Blitzu
04-21-2013, 05:55 PM
+1....

my only few takes...

pied 42, ab 350 nf, blank, lenox to underrated:).....move bl 350 to fair priced.....

I was on the border for the blanks but lately they're getting decent attention. The BL 350's have been going cheap at auction compared to most. The pied 42's have always been very hard to find and those that have them hoard them.

There are a few people also bumping up the prices to stupidity levels lately to complete their sets... Just like the drums and cycle 460's. If you're in the market for one you better off taking up drinking to help make yourself forget the value of a dollar because you won't get one remotely close to what they're worth anytime soon.

The Lenox's on the other hand gave been fairly reasonable priced, some high but most are respectable to their rarity.

If I was a financial advisor, which I am clearly not, I'd be telling you to be buying BL350's and CB's right now. They're cheap for their rarity.

mrvster
04-22-2013, 05:31 AM
I love your thinking:D

I have to agree, especially on c.b.s:D....bl 350's are starting to come down a tad from last year......bb are starting to get their jus desserts, but they are still 4 k cards imho w especially the s.lers....:)

Blitzu
04-22-2013, 06:02 AM
I love your thinking:D

I have to agree, especially on c.b.s:D....bl 350's are starting to come down a tad from last year......bb are starting to get their jus desserts, but they are still 4 k cards imho w especially the s.lers....:)

I agree :). Blanks will eventually get their day in the sun when everyone realizes they can't get one.