PDA

View Full Version : can an EMR report this invitation to FRAUD?

kengoldin
04-18-2013, 12:20 AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ken-Griffey-Jr-1994-Game-Used-Home-Jersey-COA-LOA-Autographed-Seattle-Mariners-/200916259836?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item2ec78ad3fc

I saw this posted on game used universe and felt someone here might be an EMR or connected enough to get it taken down. This is an outright invitation to FRAUD.
I am currently the high bidder with the intent (if a sale actually takes place) of cutting the griffey signature off the cert, and filming and posting on you tube. Hopefully this auction is ended by EBAY before that happens.

But this is crazy

earlywynnfan
04-18-2013, 05:15 AM
I'm mostly disappointed that Unique Sports didn't have the decency to at least write VOID or something on the blank line, like you would on a check. Very irresponsible!

Ken

PS: So Ralph King is now diseased?

GrayGhost
04-18-2013, 05:38 AM
Nice autograph, but wow yes, a fraud invite. the "VOID" idea is a good one too.

Mr. Zipper
04-18-2013, 07:30 AM
"Blank COAs" are banned from eBay. It should be removed for this reason alone.

travrosty
04-18-2013, 09:35 AM
i have seen stand alone bill russell coa's being offered for sale because russell signed them himeslf, "william russell"

they do that because they get two signatures for one purchase, the item, which is good, can stand on its own, so they want to get some money back by selling the signed coa. the rich altman coa's are all signed by russell. they should be voided somehow to prevent someone from using it the wrong way.

drc
04-18-2013, 11:44 AM
I agree. There was a similar recent instance involving a stand alone Stan Musial signed LOA. Musial had his own autograph company for his autographs and he signed the LOAs too. The item had genuine value as a Musial autograph, but I felt it should be somehow clearly voided or the signature cut from the LOA and sold as a cut.

I don't know why Unique Sports would give away or sell their stand alone COAs. I'm talking about for their own self interests and reputation. I'd destroy them asap for fear someone would misuse them by assigning them to fake game used items. Duly note that Unique Sports was a reputable company and game used Griffey items from them are considered genuine.

kengoldin
04-18-2013, 11:56 AM
good news
the seller has agreed to void out all the certs and clip the signatures off the certs.
He sold them to a buyer that i know , apparently there were 10 certs total.

GrayGhost
04-18-2013, 01:27 PM
good news
the seller has agreed to void out all the certs and clip the signatures off the certs.
He sold them to a buyer that i know , apparently there were 10 certs total.

+1:)