PDA

View Full Version : Paypal - Family and Friends. Cannot Use Resolution Ctr

Tao_Moko
04-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Having an issue with a "friend" transfer where I have not received cards or refund. When I went to use the resolution center it said that the option was not available when money was sent to "family or friends".

Just a heads up for those that did not know.

D. Bergin
04-17-2013, 10:16 PM
..........and that's why it's free. It's not designed for an exchange of goods, so there's no reason for Paypal to offer protection for it.

Tao_Moko
04-18-2013, 04:42 AM
..........and that's why it's free. It's not designed for an exchange of goods, so there's no reason for Paypal to offer protection for it.

It's not a complaint, just information as I'm sure of the thousands of people who read these posts that there is at least one other idiot amongst us. I do appreciate you being a smart ass though. I bet you would have made the same snarky comment to my face, right? Sellers here request the family and friends option and now after what is appearing to be a failed bst transaction will no longer be an option from me. They will have to receive funds the legitimate way which is payment for goods. There are many new members buying from bst so I felt this relevant info to share.

Sincerely,

Eric Sharp

Shoele$$
04-18-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear that's happened to you Eric, if I were you I would definitely keep contacting that member to either send your card/s that you paid for or refund your money. Could be (and hopefully is) a simple miscommunication. Many of us do a lot of safe buying and selling on the forums and most have very few problems with members here who are very honest and easy to work with, but of course every BST section everywhere can have a problem from time to time.

I would surely give it a little bit more time (if you haven't already, not knowing the time frames) to make it right, as you don't know what might have happened to the seller. If ultimately you were truly taken and never given cards or refunded, I would definitely post that member's identity here so everybody can protect themselves from doing business with them.

AMBST95
04-18-2013, 06:08 AM
+1 Shoele$$.... How long has it been? Have they just ignored you completely? Any riffraff on B/S/T needs to be taken care of quickly. It could compromise the integrity of the entire forum.

Exhibitman
04-18-2013, 07:10 AM
It is relevant info and I am sorry for the loss; if it is a BST person here please publish the details and name so we know who to look out for.

That said, it really should not be a surprise that a fee-free fund transfer does not contain the same protections as a purchase. We've had the discussion here multiple times about the propriety of using a gift or personal transfer to avoid paypal fees. Personally, I think it is inappropriate to do so. I throw in an extra 3% when people want paypal gift or friend stuff just to avoid the issue.

D. Bergin
04-18-2013, 10:17 AM
It's not a complaint, just information as I'm sure of the thousands of people who read these posts that there is at least one other idiot amongst us. I do appreciate you being a smart ass though. I bet you would have made the same snarky comment to my face, right? Sellers here request the family and friends option and now after what is appearing to be a failed bst transaction will no longer be an option from me. They will have to receive funds the legitimate way which is payment for goods. There are many new members buying from bst so I felt this relevant info to share.

Not sure why you got defensive. It wasn't meant to be snarky, it was meant to state facts, and I certainly would have no problem saying the same to your face.

If it was rhetorical you should have stated so.

:confused: