PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Collector Shows

Cooper1927
04-17-2013, 07:23 PM
I live in Fort Worth, TX and note that Awesome Collector Shows will be having a show this coming Sunday not 10 minutes from my place of residence.

Does anyone have any experience with this show? Does it attract pre-war? Will anyone else that has pre-war attend?

What further questions will I have???

Rich Klein
04-18-2013, 02:28 AM
For all it is worth -- tells me this is the same promoter who used to go under the hame of JMV Entertainment

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=140786&highlight=aLLEN%2C+tx

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=827983

A couple of tell-tale signs, one is that JMV and this promoter both have a 254 area code and another one is the "early-bird" admission for 10-11 AM. There is no reason if you do attend, to go before 11 AM and spend the extra dollars. The last time I went to a JMV. er Awesome Collector Shows.

BTW -- if the show goes on --- and if Mel Renfro is there and you have never met him, he is among the nicest FB Hall of Famers you will ever meet.

Rich

Jayworld
04-18-2013, 07:46 AM
Rich:
Was this the same guy that was setting up shows recently in Allen at the Hilton Garden Inn off Bethany and 75? I think it was about 6-8 months ago I attended and brought my sons.

His website (Awesome) also lists comic book and toy shows as well as sports card shows...

Leon
04-18-2013, 07:49 AM
Isn't this the same guy that had a show.....had all of the dealers set up and collectors come.....then around noon the venue kicked him and the whole show out because he didn't pay for the venue? I can't imagine that happening....Please correct me if I am wrong...

Jayworld
04-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Leon:
Yep, same guy. Was set up at the Marriott on Stacey road right next to the Allen event center....

Rich Klein
04-18-2013, 05:57 PM
this is probably the same guy who once had to have his show cancelled because his CC was declined.

I did attend one of his shows a few months ago and although the show continued the dealer attendance was sparse plus although he advertised a $50 shopping spree his first words were,,, due to low dealer turnout we've reduced that to a $25 shopping spree.

And you wonder why the hobby gets a bad name sometimes.

Rich

Cooper1927
04-18-2013, 06:41 PM
That disappoints me to say the least. As I live in Fort Worth, it's difficult to make it to the other side of the metroplex, and this would have been a great opportunity for my son and I.