PDA

View Full Version : Hank Aaron Real??

tuckr1
04-15-2013, 08:41 AM
HI there I was wondering what you guys thought if this was real or fake aaron

Thanks Tucker

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HENRY-HANK-AARON-1954-TOPPS-ROOKIE-RC-128-VINTAGE-ORIGINAL-/111052274046?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item19db3b397e#ht_24wt_956

Harliduck
04-15-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm not an expert on reprints by any means, but being fresh form the 54 market and namely researching and recently buying a 54 Aaron, I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole. First off, the buyer seems sketchy at best...has zero feedback as a seller, and hasn't bought anything on this account in over a year. The corners looks "manipulated", and the back doesn't look right. That much corner wear and no creases? I doubt that. The front overall looks too dark as well, but that is a crappy picture...another red flag.

Just my opinion, could be wrong, but I wouldn't give that listing a second glance.

tuckr1
04-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Thank you

pawpawdiv9
04-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Stay away....the lettering of his name dont look right, kinda orangy look compared to the whiteness of the surroundings.

savedfrommyspokes
04-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Avoid!

Brianruns10
04-15-2013, 11:31 AM
My sentiments exactly. And honestly, even if it WERE real, it's just a bad card, miscut and trimmed all to hell. Others may differ but for me, even if you're not looking to resell the card any time soon, there are good and bad ways to invest your hard earned money. And with a key card like the Aaron, I think you should try to get the nicest one you can for what your funds allow, one that hasn't been futzed with or trimmed, with decent centering and with eye appeal. Because to buy a junk card, you're throwing money away because the resale value is much more diminished, because collectors want something with nice eye appeal.

I say keep looking, and keep saving if need be for a nice Aaron rookie. Because you can do better than that one.

KCRfan1
04-15-2013, 09:06 PM
Looks like a scan / reprint. Orange lettering for the name, and the image of Aaron is not crisp, kind of grainy actually. Pass on this one. Bidding ended anyways, or was pulled.