PDA

View Full Version : Hartland statues - How Do You tell the original from the anniversary issue?

toyman55
04-13-2013, 05:56 PM
I just bought my first Hartland statue and it never dawn on my how do you tell the difference from the original to the anniversary issues. Here is the one I got;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-HARTLAND-1958-63-DUKE-SNIDER-nice-/400455346307?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=4lVPT9FOIsIUlcUMKLtF1SmTWYE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

71buc
04-13-2013, 07:30 PM
I just bought my first Hartland statue and it never dawn on my how do you tell the difference from the original to the anniversary issues. Here is the one I got;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-HARTLAND-1958-63-DUKE-SNIDER-nice-/400455346307?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=4lVPT9FOIsIUlcUMKLtF1SmTWYE%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The stamping on the lower back indicates thats an original. Great pickup at that price. The Snider was one of the more limited produced Hartland baseball figures. There were 50,000 made. Here is some information on production numbers and possible values. The values are not realistic. The Snider you bought confirms that. I paid $125 for mine last year.

http://www.hartlands.com/Price.html

jcmtiger
04-13-2013, 07:54 PM
The new statues have anniversary stamped on the statue.

Joe

stone193
04-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi Shale

Great pickup - good price - and nice addition to your Dodger collection!

As was already said - the 25th Anniversary copies have it stamped on the belt - from what I understand - I don't have any.

Having been raised in NYC - and also being a "Duke" fan - I would really like to feature - Duke, Mick and Willie together.

My first mitt was a Rawlings Duke Snider.

Congratulations on your pickup.

jcmtiger
04-13-2013, 11:28 PM
I had a complete set of original statues from 1950's-60's , all the 1980-90's reprints. All of the newer ones from the 1990's , Ty Cobb and all the others. It will be tough to get all the originals now, the Groat, Killebrew and Maris are tough.

Joe

perezfan
04-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Wow.... great pickup at that price. Congrats!

Rickyy
04-15-2013, 02:02 PM
I agree with the others..nice pickup at that price. I bought mine years ago similar condition and paid $100.00.

Ricky Y

ooo-ribay
06-05-2022, 09:42 AM
So....do the originals say:

© HARTLAND
PLASTICS, INC.

on the back belt loop?

UKCardGuy
06-06-2022, 03:36 PM
Mostly that's correct. But there are exceptions. For example, Mantle has that stamped on the inside of his right forearm.

I've provided photos from my Ernie Banks and Mantle as examples.

whiteymet
06-07-2022, 10:04 AM
If anyone has any original Hartland boxes, PLMK what you have. I am doing research on them.

As with all things Hartland nothing is 100%. For example most all statues have at least three different boxes with Berra having as many as 7 different boxes.

The "basic" three are the most seen baseball scene box with batter, catcher, umpire and pitcher.

Then there are "cello" boxes with a tear away flap on the front with either a batter or team logos on this flap.

Then it gets crazy with other types/variations, stickers on top and bottom flaps, names on blue stickers, different photos/words on side panels etc. Thus the research. Please post here or PM with info/photos of your Hartland boxes

You can see the three basic boxes below.

jcmtiger
06-07-2022, 01:49 PM
Mostly that's correct. But there are exceptions. For example, Mantle has that stamped on the inside of his right forearm.

Yes, stamped on different parts of statue. Sold mine about 10 years ago.. It was fun completing the original set.

ooo-ribay
06-07-2022, 02:19 PM

You’ve got mad photographing skills! Thanks!

UKCardGuy
06-07-2022, 02:41 PM
If anyone has any original Hartland boxes, PLMK what you have. I am doing research on them.

As with all things Hartland nothing is 100%. For example most all statues have at least three different boxes with Berra having as many as 7 different boxes.

The "basic" three are the most seen baseball scene box with batter, catcher, umpire and pitcher.

Then there are "cello" boxes with a tear away flap on the front with either a batter or team logos on this flap.

Then it gets crazy with other types/variations, stickers on top and bottom flaps, names on blue stickers, different photos/words on side panels etc. Thus the research. Please post here or PM with info/photos of your Hartland boxes

You can see the three basic boxes below.

Hi Fred, I've just picked up a bunch of Hartland boxes. I'll drop you an email when I get them in hand.

whiteymet
06-07-2022, 08:31 PM
Hi Fred, I've just picked up a bunch of Hartland boxes. I'll drop you an email when I get them in hand.

Hey Gary:

Did you get the group from the Goldin Auction?

Look forward to hearing from you when you get them.

jcmtiger
06-07-2022, 09:49 PM
When collected these in 1980’s 1990’s it was an exciting time. A guy named Parker wrote many articles in SCD about Hartlands & variations. I recognize some names of posters on this thread from those times.

UKCardGuy
06-08-2022, 12:05 PM
Hey Gary:

Did you get the group from the Goldin Auction?

Look forward to hearing from you when you get them.

Yep, I did. I already have some of those so I plan to sell a handful in BST.