PDA

View Full Version : Trade Opinion

EvilKing00
04-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Met fan here, so im wondering what others think.

Would you trade Wheeler and Darnaud for Stanton?

IMO the mets have alot of young pitching in the minors.

Synderguard and Montero both look real good, montero looks awesome.

Also with Niese and Harvy on the team now. I think making a deal for a guy who can hit 35-40 HR a year and whos in his early 20's.

yanksfan09
04-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Yankees fan here. I heard this being talked about on WFAN yesterday too. I'd trade both those guys for Stanton. Mets have Harvey, Neise, Rafael Montero coming up etc... You can never have enough pitching, but pitchers are also more hit or miss I think than hitters. The Mets have no outfield right now. Stanton is actually younger than D'Arnaud too. Stanton is an absolute beast with 50 hr a year type of power if he can stay healthy. I think him and Bautista might have the most raw power in all of the majors. Only problem with Stanton is little nagging injuries limit him to 145g or less every year. But 140 games from Stanton will equal about 40 homers though!

barrysloate
04-13-2013, 05:11 PM
I'd like to see Wheeler get a chance to pitch in the big leagues before I consider trading him. He's yet to throw a pitch for the Mets.

That said, if this is about Giancarlo Stanton (I haven't heard anything about this possible deal) then you have to give it some serious thought. He's a hitter.

yanksfan09
04-13-2013, 07:59 PM
I heard that there's nothing to the rumor I think, but you never know. Stanton is an established monster power hitter younger than D'Arnoud. I'd like to see Wheeler pitch too but I think that's a deal you have to do. I think Stanton's pay is under control for 2 or 3 more years maybe.

EvilKing00
04-14-2013, 06:34 PM
I heard that there's nothing to the rumor I think, but you never know.

As a big met fan all i have recently are rumors and hope, lol

Jlighter
04-15-2013, 09:29 AM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/04/marlins-not-interested-in-trading-giancarlo-stanton.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MlbTradeRumors+%28MLB+Trade+R umors%29

Marlins say they aren't interestead. I wouldn't put creedence into anything that organization says.

chris6net
04-15-2013, 06:21 PM
I think that if Stanton hits the market that package won,t be enough. I am a die hard Mets fan and would do this deal in a second.

EvilKing00
04-19-2013, 06:20 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/04/marlins-not-interested-in-trading-giancarlo-stanton.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+MlbTradeRumors+%28MLB+Trade+R umors%29

Marlins say they aren't interestead. I wouldn't put creedence into anything that organization says.

I remember last time the mets and Marlins said they werent making a deal, the next day Piazza was a met, lets hope history repeats itself :)